5. Just one night

Y/Ns pov.

"Shit", I let out quiet cusses under my breath. The stinging pain of the wet cloth that Jinx harshly pressed onto my wound made the dizziness fade away as the adrenaline woke me up fully.

Half an hour ago she brought me to Silcos office, her mouth cussing at me as hard as she could for getting stabbed by a firelight and how annoying it will be for her to stitch my injury as if she had nothing better to do.

After she began to stitch I went in and out of the consciousness, shoving her hands away as soon as I woke up, yet, that didn't help, as soon as I blacked out again she started stitching further.
Jinx wasn't even attempting to be gentle with me and rather pierced the wrong places to hurt me more.

" what the fuck is your problem?", my voice came out trembling as my whole body was shaking from all the blood loss and cold sensation of her hands on me.

I didn't quite understand this girl, one minute she helps me to get a job and flirts with me without shame, and the other she's trying to kill me on the couch of this dusty office, whose smell made my skin crawl.

Jinx huffed out, yet, I couldn't comprehend why she truly was so pissed at me. Was it because I told her that her bombs look like shit? Or was she mad that I jinxed the job?

"Stay still, I'm almost done", her teeth gritted while she patted the cloth around my stitched injury, completely ignoring my question.

My hands gripped the back of the couch for support as I shifted under her touch earning an annoyed scoff from her," I told you to stay still, I'm not done yet", Jinx's voice was dominant just like that night at the pub, but I wasn't going to let myself be dominated by someone, especially her.

"I didn't ask for your help", my hands grabbed hers, pushing them away from me, yet, before I could stand up, our balance got messed up and Jinx fell right on top of me. Her slender arms were at both sides of my head, holding her for support as her face was less than an inch from mine.

Of course, she would get flustered from our position. I, on the other hand, was fighting to hide the hiss of pain stabbing through me while her abdomen pressed against mine, leaving no space at all.

Our eyes met unexpectedly and I could swear my heart stuttered at the sight of her beautiful blue orbs. Today, I saw her shoot at the firelights as if it was some sort of game for her, a fun hobby to do while she had some free time, yet, right now it felt like I was looking at the ocean, her eyes were just the perfect shade of blue and I would be lying if I said I wasn't lost in them for a moment.

Something in her eyes changed, instead of being soft and innocent, they looked furious and almost painful. I could tell by her eyes, something was bothering her. Did she hate me that much?

Jinx basically flew off of me when the door creaked open, her legs crossed on the couch as if nothing had happened just moments ago. I sat up straight, cringing at the pain and shutting the memory of what happened out, in my head, I could only imagine how pissed Silco is after seeing a trail of blood on his old wooden floor.

And I was completely right, his eyes were furious at the sight of my figure on his couch, my top soaked in blood gave him out that I was the one who made the huge mess in his pub and office.

Yet, when he caught a glimpse of Jinx beside me, his rage seemed to fade and his shoulders relaxed," what happened?", that deep and rich voice of his made my skin crawl.

"I failed the mission".

My silver-colored eyes shot to Jinx, thousands of thoughts shuddered through my mind as I tried to understand why in the world would she take the whole blame when I was the one who failed the mission by getting slashed open.

Silco huffed out, not looking surprised at all as if it was normal at this point, forcing me to use all of my strength and focus on thinking about their relationship. I would be lying if I said that their friendship wasn't odd. The way he's not even angry at her made it look almost as if they were father and daughter. I could see the love in his eyes as soon as he even peeked at Jinx. But that was a strange feeling, almost as if they both had some kind of a strong and unusual bond.

Jinx clearly had no boundaries with him and that made me get lost in my mind again. She acted differently with me, no sign of tension between them when she was inches from Silco, yet, when it came to me, Jinx would go all red and tensed.

After what looked like a minute, the man nodded his head, slowly and calmly stepping to his rusty-looking table," what about her? Did she do her job correctly?".

My heart skipped a beat at his question, but I didn't let the anxiety in me show, rather my eyes darted to Jinx who surprisingly was already staring at me," she did fine", the girl shrugged, her voice dull and calm.

I could swear half of my body relaxed at her words, but also, it was unsettling. The way she was trying to hurt me just a few minutes ago and now shes lying to get my ass out of trouble.

There's no idea in my mind why would she even bother lying to her boss or whatever he was.

Jinx rose quicker than my eyes could register, her arm sliding onto my torso, and without my consent, she helped me onto my feet. My head still spun because of all the blood I lost and I stumbled in her cold arms around my bare abdomen, forcing my skin to shiver.

She didn't bother to say goodbye to Silco and led me out of his office, "you have a place to stay in?".

I shook my head at her question.

After I came to Zaun, there was nowhere I could go, and even though it's my home now, I sleep in the lanes, usually, in abandoned buildings. Not the most livable space though, bugs and rats always scare the shit out of me, but at least, once a week I shower at Caitlyn's place.

" wanna stay with me? We could do many awesome things...", the smile on her face was brighter than I had ever seen, her voice full of joy making me rethink being near her right now," together we would make the best gang ever!", she squirmed from happiness.

Tension built up in my shoulders at her sudden change of mood, also, not really understanding how can she just invite a stranger to stay with her.

Yet, I still gave her a hesitant nod. It was better to stay with this crazy girl than sleep in the streets like a homeless rat.

I didn't bother to ask her why would she even want me to stay with her as my head was foggy and spinning.

----------

Jinx was skipping happily beside me when we entered a room. Not a big one, about a normal size I suppose, it was shadowy and bare, yet the neon graffiti made it look very impressive, especially when it glowed in the dark since it was the nighttime in Zaun forcing everything to be swallowed by the darkness.

"You like it?", her voice was shy as she sat me onto the bed, softer than I expected, perhaps softer than the one in Caitlyn's house, making me wonder where she even got this one. Surely not from Zaun.

My shaky hand fell onto the dark purple sheets that were almost the same color as my hair and stroked it very gently, feeling the soft fabric beneath my palms, I hum with a nod.

Maybe I was even unhappy that I wasn't going to be sleeping in this fluffy bed, still, it was much better than freezing in the lanes or abandoned buildings.

The girl opened a tiny drawer that was resting across from the bed, pulling out some black sheets and a pillow from the one below.

I couldn't stop staring at her though, the way she changed her mood in a matter of seconds still played intensively in my head, was she lonely? Or was she just playing with me?

Even so, I had no intention of becoming her friend, just gonna stay here one night.

Just one night.