9.Regret

Y/Ns pov.

My eyes watched as Sevika talked with one of the enforcers, to be honest, I had no idea what they were talking about or why, but I was dying out of boredom as I sat cross-legged onto the wooden barrel in some corner. The lanes were packed today, yet, no normal people around, only drunk assholes and old prostitutes stared at my figure.

The only thing I could think about was last night, how Jinx showed me a slice of heaven with her mouth and those slender fingers of hers. I could still feel her gentle touch on my skin, her lips marking it, and the way she called me by that stupid nickname that I hated so much, yet, somehow, it felt so good when she said it.

I knew that what we did yesterday didn't mean a single thing, we were just having fun, or at least I hoped. I convinced myself that I had no feelings towards the crazy girl, only pure lust. At that thought, it felt as if a piece of my heart has been ripped and pulled out, but I couldn't let myself love someone who I know I'll hurt anyhow, Silco cared for her and she cared for him, even the thought of killing him made my heart ache knowing that I'll hurt Jinx.

Jinx and I haven't spoken all morning since as soon as I woke up, I got dressed and left her alone to sleep. I couldn't face her after what happened yesterday and I was still annoyed that I didn't get to taste her lips. My heart wanted to stay with her and watch her beautiful face as she slept so peacefully. Images of her relaxed face ran through my mind and without even noticing I smiled to myself like a dork.

Sevika must've noticed my silly smile, the corner of her mouth rose in disgust," what are you smiling at, idiot?", she glanced at me and then back onto the sack that she just threw into the rickety wagon, yet her eyes darted back to me wider than before.

I frowned, the smile on my face was replaced when I pushed my lips together," what?", as soon as I realized where she was looking I jumped off the barrel, "what are you looking at?", I spat out with a scoff. The dark purple hickeys that Jinx left yesterday showed as the fabric of my top was tugged down a bit.

Sevika chuckled, throwing the other sack into the wagon making it bounce slightly," good job, kid. A man or a woman?", she asked as if it was no big deal.

My feet carried me to the next sack on the ground when I felt awkward just standing there," a woman", I mumbled enough for her to hear, throwing the sack into the wagon. The good thing in Zaun was that no one was against the same-sex romantic relationship, it was normal, either you love a man or a woman, simple as that.

Sevika grinned, leaning her one hand onto the wagon," you know, if you ever want to relax, there's a brothel nearby", her head nodded in the direction of the brothel.

My brows shot up at her suggestion or whatever that was," Oh no, I'll pass", I lifted my hands waving them in refusal.

She scoffed," whatever", she lazily swung her hand in the air, jumping into the wagon and I followed her

Sex with random people didn't interest me, however, sex with Jinx was something that I would kill for, yet, not beg for, even if I wanted it that much. I couldn't let myself look weak, not in front of her.

-----------

"Are you sure you can work on it?", Silcos voice could be heard even behind the old wooden door as Sevika and I walked up the stairs.
Sevika opened the door, stepped inside and I followed her, closing the door behind me.

A tiny sensation of panic shuddered through my mind at the sight of the blue-haired girl, sitting on Silcos work table, her legs dangling over the edge. My eyes flew onto her face, which didn't seem affected by my presence here at all, almost as if nothing ever happened between us.