Chapter 8 The Lost Student

Song Inspiration: We Don't Talk About Bruno (From "Encanto")

Artist: Carolina Gaitán - La Gaita, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz

A/N: *Rises from piles of papers and assignments* I LIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!! Barely... I was given some free time, and I decided to publish this sooner since this chapter was pretty much finished. Definitely won't have time to write another one till near the end of April or May, so see you all till then!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lloyd raced down the alleys, scanning each way for any sign of the possessed creature.

He took multiple turns until--

WHOOSH!

A gust of wind blasted the teen off his feet and made him slam face first into in the concrete. 

Lloyd gave out a loud groan, clutching his now bruised nose. 

"Stop following me."

The deep voice made the blonde look up. The cat from before stood a foot away from him, glaring with its bright green gaze. Lloyd blinked a few times.

"How... How did you--"

"For someone who is supposedly related to the First Spinjitzu Master, you sure are dense when it comes to elemental power," the cat spat while the teen sat up slowly. 

"Wait, you're an elemental master?" 

"A dead one... but yeah, sure." 

"What happened... I mean, why are--"

"I don't have the time to catch you up on everything, kid. So, get lost!" the cat growled before turning away. 

"Wait!" 

The possessed creature screeched when Lloyd had snatched it by the fat of its neck. The feline squirmed under the teen's grip.

"RELEASE ME NOW! ACK! STOP! STOP!" 

"Look, I'm sorry but you said you were looking for Wu, and I don't feel comfortable letting you find him if you're a threat--OW!" 

Lloyd dropped the animal when it scratched his hand. He clutched his bleeding fist before sending a glare.

"Seriously!? I was just tryin--"

Lloyd stopped. 

The cat was gasping for air as its body trembled on the filthy ground. Lloyd's brow furrowed, dropping his guard.

"Hey, what's wron--"

"Never pick me up like that, AGAIN!" the creature growled, making the teen step back. After a moment of silence, though, the cat continued. 

"That ring... on your hand. Is it made out of Deepstone?" 

Lloyd looked down at his scratched hand. The only ring on it was--

"Harumi's..." he muttered, focusing on it. He soon snapped out of his trance and turned back to the creature.

"Uh, I don't know. Does it hurt you?" 

"No, the trembling just means that I'm excited... OF COURSE YOU FOOL!"

"Hey! You don't need to get worked up, okay? I wasn't trying to hurt you." 

The wind master scoffed before rising off the ground. He turned to leave once again.

"Whatever, Lloyd, I just need to go find Wu and warn--"

"How do you know my name?"

The cat froze. Its eyes glanced towards the ground for a brief moment before its body shifted to face the teen.