CHAPTER 7. The Fall of an Angel

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Pres and I both turned sa isang babaeng mukhang nasa 40's niya na. She looks the same age as my father. Humarap siya sa amin at kitang-kita ko ang gulat sa mga mata niya. Agad akong lumayo kay President.

Napatingin ako sa pumasok na babae. Medyo nawala naman ang gulat sa mga mata niya. It changed into a look of suspicion.

"I was just tending to her wounds, Ma," paliwanag ni President sa tabi. Shit! Nanay niya 'to? "Wala ang school nurse at doctor kaya ako na lang ang gumamot sa kanya."

Nanliit ang mga mata niya sa amin dalawa. Shit. What if she thinks her son and I have something going on? Wala naman.

"Oh," she said as if she realized something. "I thought you were... making love... in this office."

Making love? I'm not that kind of girl. Masyado na bang green ang utak ng matandang 'to? Also, she thinks her son, who is too much of a good boy I'd probably compare him to Steve Rogers, would just do it with someone in a freaking office in the freaking campus? What kind of brain does she have?

"Okay, you may proceed, son," sabi niya na para bang nabunutan siya ng tinik. She gestured his son to continue. "I will just wait until you are done."

Tumango si President at saka tiningnan ako nang nakataas ang kilay. "Just stay still, Holly," utos niya.

He continued what he was doing. Meanwhile, his mother was intently staring at me.

Iniisip niya ba kung gaano ako kasama para sa anak niya? O yung nangyari kanina? Whatever she was thinking about, wala akong pake.

"There," sabi pa ni President nang matapos.

Tumikhim si Mrs. Inclement kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. I know they were going to talk about something so I chose to leave.

"I have to go," paalam ko. Humakbang ako ng isa pero agad din akong pinigilan ng nanay ni President.

"No, hija. Stay seated. I also want to talk to you," sabi niya. Binalingan niya sina Maddie at sinenyasang umalis, which the latter did and closed the door behind her.

Umupo na lang din ako sa dati kong inupuan kanina. What are we going to talk about?

I looked at President to take a hint but I think he also doesn't know why I needed to be here. His forehead creased while watching his mom seat comfortably on the love seat in front of us.

Hinawi niya ang buhok niya at tumingin kay President. "How was the project, son?" tanong niya habang sinusulyapan ako.

Heh. Ako lang pala pag-uusapan nila.

"It was hard. But I'm positive it will end the way we want it to be," taas-noong sagot ni President.

"I thought so. This was the hardest project he gave you," nag-aalalang sabi ni Mrs. Inclement sa anak niya.

Oh. She should be worried. I am the hardest project they have? Well, I'll be even harder.

Or not.

Sumandal siya at pinagsiklop ang kamay niya. "Kung hindi mo na makakaya, sabihin mo lang. Although, your father and I are certain you will be able to finish this project with great success."

Tumango lang si President. I expected that Mrs. Inclement will talk to me right now dahil nakita kong kumunot ang noo niya sa akin pero nagkamali ako.

"Is Sweet still in Herald? It's been more than 2 months," tanong niya. Tiningnan niya ako.

I am not sure if I was the one she was talking to since I don't know anyone named Sweet. Although, hearing the school's name brings back some memories... bad memories.