CHAPTER 27. Gasp

Everyone was busy. Apparently, the President of Reinhart was making a grand entrance. Remember him from Chapter 1? Yeah, Blaze's dad. I bet even the Headmistress is gearing up for her moment. Pupunta rin daw dito ang ilang shareholders ng eskwelahan.

Pinaghandaan talaga ng lahat ang pagbisita nila. Everyone was in their proper uniforms. Even Maddie bothered to put some effort into her hair, which is a rare sight considering she usually can't be bothered, blaming it on her short hair.  Paputol rin kaya ako? Feeling ko hindi bagay.

And there's Blaze, playing the role of the gracious host, greeting the officials with a smile so dazzling, I'm surprised they haven't mistaken him for a Hollywood heartthrob.

Nakita ko kanina sina Tita Gwen at Tito Kou, Vander's parents. He is also with them with a couple of bodyguards. They always looked intimidating that not a single parent dared to talk to them.

I couldn't help but notice Tita Marga in the distance, enthusiastically shouting Maddie's name. Maddie, however, seemed determined to pretend she didn't hear a thing

What shocked me was the presence of my parents. Nauna kong napansin ang nanay ko noong bumaba siya ng kotse. Dad followed her after.

Hindi ko pa rin nakakalimutan ang sinabi niya sa akin. How Blaze will have the guts to lie to me without even explaining me why he would.

Ang section namin ang naatasan na mag-welcome sa kanila. I did not bother to look my parents in the eyes. Masaya naman akong makita si Tita Gwen.

"Tita," I smiled at her. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"Me either," tawa niya.

Tiningnan ko si Vander. "Hindi ko rin alam na pupunta ka rito. You dislike crowds."

"I'm the heir so..." he answered nonchalantly.

"Right..."

We talked a bit before Maddie came to us and told me I have to go to my mother's side. Nagpaalam muna ako kina Tita bago lumapit sa mga magulang ko.

They were talking to Blaze's parents. Blaze's mom was throwing dagger eyes at my mom, like she was auditioning for a role as the villain in a telenovela.

"Anong kailangan niyo?" tanong ko sa kanila.

"How disrespectful," chimed in the Headmistress, clutching her pearls. "You certainly weren't taught  manners. I mean, of course, when your bitch of a mother would rather take care of a married man's wife's son than her own."

"Lilith." May banta ang boses ng President kaya tumahimik siya. He smiled at me. "Pardon her, Holly."

"It's fine." Hinarap ko ulit ang mga magulang ko. "What do you want from me?"

"Ma, Dad." Nanindig ang mga balahibo ko nang marinig ko ang boses ni Blaze. I looked at him. He smiled and waved. "Hi, Holly."

"Hi," kaway ko pabalik.

"Join us later for lunch," bulong ni Dad sa akin. "Alright?"

"Why?" I asked, eyebrows furrowing. They never invite me to eat with them.

"Why not?" Dad shot back.

I squinted at him. "Fine. I'll go see my friend first."

He nodded. I glanced at Blaze and flashed a smile before heading over to Maddie. Her mom was busy bragging about her to some stakeholders. The phrase "running for valedictorian" was on repeat. Maddie, meanwhile, wore the most unimpressed expression I've ever seen on a human being.

She spotted me and I gave her a thumbs-up. She wrestled free from her mom's grip like a pro wrestler breaking out of a headlock. "Mommy, I'm going to Holly, okay?"