CHAPTER 37. Lie to Me

Holly, Headmistress Inclement said she wants to see you. Ako na lang kakausap.

Iyon ang text ni Dad sa akin. What does she want?

She wanted to meet me in Geneva's cafe. Ako lang daw mag-isa. Walang kasama. And I should certainly not bring Blaze with me.

"Is something bothering you?" asked Blaze, who was sitting beside me. He had a worried look on his face. "Kanina ka pa tahimik."

I nodded and smiled at him. "I'm fine."

We are on our breaktime now. Kahit na nasa classroom kami, umupo pa talaga siya sa tabi ko para turuan ako ng Korean. Inaaral ko na ang pronunciation ngayon.

"So, everything that's spelled with an 'S' and 'I' is pronounced as 'shi'?" I asked, pointing at the letters '시' in the bond paper.

He nodded. "Yeah. Wow. You're learning."

"Magaling kaya ang teacher ko," sabi ko sabay sulat ng 'shi' at '시' ang sa notes ko.

"You know, I can teach you in many different things."

"Like?"

"Vanilla." That was the most shameless innuendo he has ever said.

I gave him an unimpressed look but I later smirked at him. "Teach me, then."

"Gusto mong ngayon na?"

"Gusto mo?"

"Ahem," tikhim ni Maddie sa gilid. "The break is ending."

Inabot ni Blaze ang ulo niya at mas ginulo ang buhok. Sumama naman ang timpla ng mukha ni Maddie. Natawa tuloy ako. Why does she hate physical affection?

Nagpaalam na si Blaze sa akin at bumalik sa upuan niya. Maddie sat on her chair with pouting lips. My god! She's so cute.

Nagsimula na rin ang klase namin. We had a test and after that, we were dismissed for our lunch. While walking towards the cafeteria, the Headmistress texted me that she needed my presence.

If you can't be here today, you'll know what will happen to Blaze.

I don't know what's with her and why she had the heart to make her own son as a bait. Nahihibang na ba talaga siya?

I turned to Blaze. He was teasing Maddie with Gabe. I don't want to lose him. I decided to text her back.

Me:
I'll be there.

Headmistress Inclement:
Someone will pick you up.

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad. "Um, guys," tawag ko sa dalawa. "Kayo na lang muna. My Dad called for me."

"Ihahatid na kita," presenta ni Blaze.

Umiling ako. "Di na. May susundo naman sa akin."

"Sigurado ka?"

"Oo. Ayos lang ako. Don't worry too much. And don't miss me too much."

Kumaway muna ako sa kanila bago pumunta sa parking lot. I saw a familiar Jeep Wrangler. The owner of it was leaning against it. Parang tumigil ang mundo ko nang makita siya.