CHAPTER 18. Ice Cream

tw: suicide attempt

Bumalik na kami sa mga eskwelahan namin. I assured my friends that I was fine. They even insisted na a-absent muna ako ng ilang araw para makapag-isip at maka-recover.

Hindi ako masyadong kinausap nina Maddie at Blaze after we arrived. Lalo na dahil sa rebelasyon ko sa kanila.

Hindi pa ako natapos noon sa pag-iiyak. Everyone was going to see me bawling my eyes out kaya pinilit kong tumahan. Mary held my face to wipe the tears on my cheeks. Even Lizzie hugged me. I sort of calmed down.

That was until Keirah faced me and said, "I'm sorry... I should have known..."

She ran away and Katherine and Maddie followed after her. Nagpaiwan si Blaze.

I don't know what he was doing. He should be with his friends now but he stayed. It was weighing down my conscience since he looked like he wanted to help me.

So, I revealed it to him.

"Why are you still here?" I asked him. "Aren't you supposed to be with your friends?"

Blaze looked really conflicted. Para bang ang bigat sa kanya ang pagpipilian niya. He really wasn't a bad guy. He is just a good boy who wanted to help and that made me feel bad.

"I tricked you," I revealed.

Kumurap siya at diretsong tumingin sa akin. "What?"

Diretso ko siyang tiningnan sa mata. "I tricked you. I befriended you because I was too petty to let go of the past. I wanted to get even with you for placing me on second place. I don't really see you as a friend."

He stared at me for a couple of seconds. "You don't mean that..."

"I've done a lot of bad things. Do you think I wouldn't do that?"

Umawang ang bibig niya. Tinalikuran ko siya at umalis doon. Basta ang alam ko lang ay nasa apartment na ako nina Mary at Fred. When I got back in Reinhart, hindi na ako pinapansin ni Blaze.

He wouldn't even dare look at me. Para bang natapos na ang ilang araw na nagkakasama kami. Just a snap of a finger and everything changed.

That was fine with me.

What wasn't fine was the news I received today. Ang kinatatakutan ko sa lahat kung pinagpatuloy ko ang plano ko.

The return of Sweet Darling.

Pumasok ako sa main building and everyone just has this weird look at me. They always do naman. Pero iba ngayon. They look like they were willing to kill me anytime. I didn't care and continued to walk like I own the hallways.

Nang marating ko ang classroom, everyone gathered around were my chair was supposed to be. Wala rin si Maddie sa upuan niya. Usually, she's seated by now.

"Buti naman nakabalik ka na Sweet!" rinig kong sabi ng isang kaklase namin.

So, she's really back, huh?