abbys adventures

*abbys pov*

i woke up and my senses filled with pine and something else i just couldn't place, when i opened my eyes i saw cam under me. I listened to his heart beat as it started to rise and then fall, they opened their eyes and in a soft groggy voice whispered "morning". It felt like he was wanting to say something else after but just couldnt let it out. i looked up at him and smiled, and he got out of bed. He was wearing a faded old band shirt and some checkered pj bottoms. I started hearing everyone else waking up and i could smell someone cooking breakfast. Soon everyone was in the kitchen in their pjs and Emily was at the stove getting plates with Cam. 

"sorry hayls texted me last night so i decided to come in the morning. i hope its ok, the door wasnt locked."

"youre good em. youre always welcome here."

He smiled at the blue hair woman and i felt my heart ping a little. I cant expect them to feel the same way for me but i know that i dont like seeing them be so friendly with other people. i took a breathe and joined them in the kitchen starting the coffee to help out. 

"oh thanks abs, i totally forgot!"

"no problem em. hey did anyone else come with you?"

I was hoping with shane around emily wouldnt flirt with cam as much but she shook her head. we all ate, cam ate outside with sam and seb while the rest of us stayed inside and started packing our stuff. I said my goodbyes and headed to my dads tower, i know him and i never talked about feelings that werent magic based but i was hoping he could help. when i got there the small boy he was teaching was outside practicing. 

"ms. abby! look what i can do!"

"wow youre getting really good." 

i patted his little bowl cut hair and walked in to see my dad doing something over his cauldron. Then i heard him whisper cams name. 

"what about cam?'

"oh i dont know, i had a vision of them...something important. i should reach out."

"oh...well speaking of them, i wanted to ask you something that is rather personal."

"of course my daughter what is it?"

"i...i have feelings for them."

he turned to me and patted my shoulder. "pebble....so does the entire town. Ill be looking into them more but i think it may be safest for your heart to try to start seeing more of their faults." i sighed and thought about it, i guess everyone has faults and if i only focused on the good things it would make sense why i liked them. So ill do as he says, and ill go into the mines today to get some prismatic jelly. They are very rare and my dad taught me enough to go into the mines and get them for him. I passed cam going to joja with shane and decided to ignore them and continue. They really are super friendly but i wonder why, i mean no one is this nice for no reason. as i got there i could hear linus talking to someone and decided to hide out and listen. "oh they are so kind, they brought me some forage they found." then i heard my dad, "yes...it seems they may be the one i was looking for but im afraid. there is an issue i didnt account for, my friend." he sounded guilty. "..what?" "well...my daughter..abigail, she may have feelings for them as well." i ran into the mines not wanting to listen to this anymore. i have no real clue what he is talking about but i dont want to know. 

*time skip*

I got the jelly. it took a few hours and i got alot of junk on the way, i went to the guild to sell all of what i didnt need. As i headed back to dads my mom called. "hey sweetie, where have you been?" i apologized and told her i was at cams then spent the day with seb, lying obviously. I wish i could tell more people but i knew better. Dad told me not to...and after all this time i got very comfortable calling him dad and he calling me his daughter. weve bonded alot, but to tell mom about it and then pierre...its too much. I handed the jelly over to dad and said my goodbyes, on my way home i saw my other dad outside the shop. He smiled and hugged me tight. "you have cuts what happened?" i smiled at his care, hes not a good person...ive seen whats in his heart...but he loves me. "i fell on the way from cindersnap. tripped over a rock." he laughed and brought me in, "at this point its like all you do is eat rocks." I know what he meant but it sounded funny coming from him. I got into bed thinking about how well i slept the night i was in cams bed and suddenly getting that pain back in my chest.