Chapter 17

Daphne felt Steve running his fingers up and down her back as she laid on her stomach the following morning. She turned to face him, "morning Captain."

Steve smiled, "good morning angel."

She giggled as she rolled to her side, moving closer to him, "oh, angel? I like that. You're too good to me."

He shrugged, "I love you."

She nodded, feeling him place his hand on her cheek, "I love you too. So, last night? You've never gotten a blow job, but you've done that before?"

Steve chuckled, blushing, "no. I never have. I um... I asked Buck."

"You asked Bucky about our sex life?"

He shrugged, "I just asked for the basics and I figured out the rest from your moans. Are you mad?"

She shook her head as she sighed, "no. It was amazing. But I'd appreciate if you didn't talk about our sex life with your friends."

He smiled, "I won't. I love you." He grabbed her waist, pulling her body to his, kissing her urgently before getting out of bed.

Daphne groaned, "you can't kiss me like that and then leave me."

Steve laughed, "I can and I will. I have to go. I'm sorry." He smiled as she pouted, "behave yourself."

She sighed, kneeling up on the side of the bed as the blanket fell off her. She giggled as she heard him groan, approaching her as he buttoned his pants.

"Stop it."

She grinned as he glared at her, "is that Steve, or Captain telling me that?"

Steve smiled, "which would you like?"

"I would like..." she ran her hands along his torso, up his chest to his shoulders, "for you to come back to bed."

Steve hovered his mouth over hers, grinning, "no. I love you, but I have to go." He laughed when he heard her groan as he pulled away without kissing her.

**********************************************************************

Daphne sat on the roof, drawing, when she heard someone come to sit beside her, "Buck."

Bucky smiled, sitting in the chair next to her, "Daph. How are you today? You guys left the party early last night."

She looked at him to see him smirking at her. She chuckled, shaking her head, "I guess I should thank you?"

Bucky smirked, "what for?"

"Don't make me say it." She heard him chuckle as she blushed.

"I won't. You're welcome Daph."

She nodded as he leaned back in his chair, sitting in silence with her as she went back to drawing. Finally she heard him sigh and stand up, looking at her.

"Come on. Let's get out of here."

She saw him hold out his hand to her, "what do you mean?" She saw him shrug as he smiled a smile that indicated to her he wanted to cause trouble. She hesitated as he didn't say anything, just held out his hand. "Fine." She grabbed his hand as he grinned, making her laugh.

**********************************************************************

"Thanks for driving." Bucky held his arm up, "one arm and all."

Daphne laughed, "of course. You're going to play that up, aren't you?"

He shrugged as they got out of the car, "probably."

She followed him through the crowds, "so you came here all the time with Steve?"

Bucky grinned, "yeah. Ever been here?"

She shook her head as she grabbed his hand, "no. I grew up in Virginia, never leaving before moving to DC to live with my sister. First time in New York, first time at Coney Island." She looked down at their hands, "big crowds make me kinda nervous."

Bucky smiled, gripping her hand, "it's fine. Come on doll. I may have only one arm, but I'm still a super soldier. You're safe with me. Always."

She smiled, nodding, "I know I am Buck." She nudged him, "so has Steve always been so shy and reserved?"

Bucky nodded, "oh yeah. He was already shy, but then he was extra shy because he was so much smaller than most guys our age. He was hopeless with girls. It was improved after the serum. But that was more the women than him. He eventually gave into their attention. But I think it just made him more uncomfortable."

"But not you? You were okay with the women throwing themselves at you?"

Bucky laughed, "of course. Steve and I have a lot of similarities, but we also have a lot of differences. And that's okay. You're good for him. I can see that. I see the way he lights up when you're around. That's all I ever wanted for him."

She nodded, feeling her eyes welling, "thank you Buck. I appreciate that."

**********************************************************************

"There you guys are." Steve looked up from the kitchen table to see Daphne return with Bucky.

Daphne grinned, placing a small Captain America plushie in front of Steve. "He took me to Coney Island since you and Natasha were busy. And I won you this."

Steve laughed at her grin, picking up the plushie, "thank you angel."

Bucky set a small black teddy bear in front of Natasha, "sorry, they had no spiders."

Natasha smiled, "thank you James."

Steve chuckled, "so did you guys have a good time?"

Daphne nodded, looking from Bucky to Steve, "we did."

Bucky smiled, "well I'm going to go lay down."

Daphne watched him smile at everyone before leaving. She followed him into the hallways, grabbing his hand, "thanks for today. I had a good time. I never had a brother."

He grinned, "well that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

Daphne laughed, "don't make me take it back."

Bucky shook his head, "please don't. I had a nice time too Daph. Thanks for coming with me."

She nodded as he walked away to his dorm before she went back to Steve. She crawled into his lap as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She rested her head on his shoulder, leaning up to his ear, "I love you."