fifteen: the best friend

Jake fiddled with the hem of his blazor as he waited for Riki to return from his icecream delivery. Riki quietly walked over to him and settled down, pretty deep in thought. 

"Riki! Tell me, how did it go?" Jake asked, placing his hands over the younger's knees.

"I went to give her icecream hyung, not to ask her hand in marriage." 

Jake pouted at the reply and the voluntary eye roll he recieved. 

"I had asked you to tell me what she looks like, how she is in person... Is she cute? Long hair or short hair? Was she polite? Did she talk a lot?"

"Hyung." Riki finally met his eyes, "I didn't pay attention. There were better things to look at."  

"Things like what? Her best friend?" Jake boldly stated. Riki's head shot up and he widened his eyes, not believing he gave his feelings away so easily. 

Jake just laughed at the reaction and started talking about Yunhyo, the other not really comprehending. 

He needs to control himself, he thought. 

And the 'best friend' had just caught his eyes (okay maybe heart too) but this was too early to come to any kind of conclusion. 

He hated how he had stayed up that night like a lovelorn person, thinking about the guy he saw today. 

The guy was ever so cheerful, melting his heart on the spot. His smile reminded him of sunshine, lemonades, film cameras and trips to the park. 

He bit his lip realising as to how contrary was this to his ordinary self- he wasn't soft. 

Then why this one certain guy has to ruin everything?