seventy one: life changes

It was almost time for the last bell to ring when Jay took a seat beside Yunhyo, placed a coffee drink in front of her, and ruffled her hair. "Tired?" He asked in a calm voice.

Yunhyo let out a complaining whine at his question. "I can't do this anymore. I need sleep, my head hurts. I can't even imagine how it must be for you." She opened the drink he bought her and took a few sips.

"Just a little more honey... three more exams and you'll be done. As for me... I'm managing pretty well. I'm just a little worried about Suyoung." Jay said with a sigh.

"Why, what happened to eonnie?"

"Nothing happened. She's just crushed with everything. Exams, final projects, and college applications are there as well, but something more seems to be weighing her mind. She's not been sleeping well and has gotten a little distant. I'm not sure how to approach her, I want to help her."

Yunhyo took Jay's hand in hers, smiling in assurance, "It's the stress... give her time Jay. She's fighting her own battles. But she'll come back to you very soon." She sees the melancholy in his eyes. There's worry, there's questions, and a lot many emotions.

"We're graduating Yun-ah... I won't see her after this- not as often. We'll have separate lives. She'll meet new people, and make new friends. What we have right now, we won't ever have it again." 

"Hey! Don't say that. It's not the end of everything. We'll still be friends. No one's letting you go. Time can't change what we have, it's so strong and so beautiful. It's everlasting." Yunhyo spoke agitatedly, stroking the back of his hand with affirmity. 

He smiled at her fondly, slowly engulfing her into a comfortable hug. Assurance was all that he needed. Yunhyo was always the one he would go to in these kinds of situations. She knew him like no one else did, not even Suyoung. He found solace in her. 

His smile widened as he felt her give small pats on his back.