twenty eight: real number

"Why don't you go to Yunhyo's room while me and your mom talk, hm? You both know each other for years and still behave like strangers." Ms. Jang said, chuckling. 

Sunghoon bowed to her respectfully and made his way upstairs, his heart thumping in his chest. He knocked on Yunhyo's door and she opened it. 

"Oh, hello sunbae." She let him in and sat on the bed beside him. 

"I told you not to call me sunbae, call me by my name." 

"Okay, S-sunghoon." Yunhyo said, instantly getting shy. 

There were moments of awkward silence between them both until Yunhyo decided to ask the question she wanted to for days. 

"Sunbae- I mean Sunghoon, can I ask you something? That day, when I asked for your number, why did you give me a fake one?" she said, looking at her feet that were dangling from the edge. 

"A fake number?" he looked at her but she didn't meet his eyes. 

"Yeah. You gave me someone else's number. Him and I are friends now, though." she chuckled. 

"I didn't! It was just... I was... Um, I got nervous when you asked for my number so I must've jumbled up a few digits. And I was wondering why you hadn't texted me yet." 

"W-why were you nervous?" Yunhyo said after getting flustered by his answer. 

"Well... You see, though a lot of girls and boys do ask for my number, I don't give it to them. So you were the first one." 

"Oh that's nice to know, can I get your number now, then?" Yunhyo felt her heart thumping in her chest and butterflies in her stomach. 

She was in her room, sitting beside her crush, talking to him, he told her she was the first one to get his number and was giving her hints that he maybe probably likes her back? 

Nothing could make her happier. 

"Here, add it yourself." She handed him his phone and their eyes met the moment their fingers brushed, yet again. 

They both broke the eye conatct and looked away, trying to hide their blushed cheeks. 

Yunhyo bit her lip to hide her smile while he entered his conatct. 

That's when Mrs. Park called them downstairs to have dinner. 

Yunhyo sat across Sunghoon on the table as they both silently ate and listened to their moms talking about everything and nothing. 

They kept meeting eyes every now and then, making the butterflies in her stomach go haywire. 

They hadn't talked since they came out of the room and didn't do so even till when it was time for Mrs. Park and Sunghoon to go home; but then as they walked out the door, Sunghoon said 'goodnight' to her, almost making her go crazy. 

Yunhyo saw the incoming call from Suyoung and accepted it faster than the speed of light, knowing venting would be a great option to calm down her racing heart.