thirty eight: rain

Sorry for not updating for so long, i was out of drafts and also too lazy to write. Anyways love you<3
---------------------------------------------------

Rain poured down the rooftop in a calm yet consistent rhythm. It didn't even feel like it was 4pm.

"I have an umbrella, we can share it."

Yunhyo turned to look at Sunghoon who stood on her left, looking into the distance just like she did. She retreated her hand that was collecting droplets of rain and smiled at him, "Really?" 

"Hmm, let's go." Sunghoon grabbed her wet palm without even faltering and led the way. 

"But wait! I think both of us will be soaked like this." Yunhyo talked a bit louder because of the sound of the rain drops ricocheting on the umbrella. 

"We won't! I'll hold you tight like this!" Sunghoon yelled back, grabbing her waist and pulling her close. 

Yunhyo was speechless, even stumbled a step or two as she looked up at Sunghoon with her pupils blown wide. He just gave her a side smile and continued his fast steps on the sidewalk. 

And it wasn't surprising that even amidst all this chaos, Yunhyo's eyes caught the lone figure running down the basketball court, because yes it was Jake. 

Still in his school jersey, he ran, with one hand pushing his wet hair back and the other skillfully dribbling the ball in a rhythm. 

Isn't he on the soccer team?

It also didn't sieze to get to her mind that... perhaps if she was with Jake right now, instead of Sunghoon, he would've already pushed her in the rain and would've played around with her. 

"Hey, why are you smiling like that?" 

Yunhyo's eyes widened as she realised what she was doing, "What? No, where-" 

"Are you enjoying this? Us, walking like this in the rain, together?" Sunghoon was smirking, she knew without even having to look at him. 

Yunhyo blushed a deep shade of red as she hummed at his question. 

She debated if she should ask him, ask him now. But as the silence between them grew loud, she made up her mind. 

"Sunghoon, can I ask you something?" 

"Hmm... What is it?" 

"Why are you suddenly acting like this to me?"

"What-"

"We know each other for years but what you didn't do all this time, you've done it in just a few days. You want my number? Want me to talk informally? Give me milkshake and drop me home after school?" Yunhyo let her thoughts out in one breath, without stuttering or stumbling. 

Sunghoon just pressed his lips in a thin line as he seemed to be thinking, "Why? Am I not allowed to?"

Yunhyo scoffed, "You're avoiding it, giving question for question to me instead." 

"Why? You don't like it? All of this?"

"Again! A question again! Leave it, I don't want to talk to you." Yunhyo pouted without knowing and folded her arms infront of her chest. 

"Oh? Are you upset? Are you sulking? Oh? Oh? Oh?" Sunghoon said in a baby voice, poking Yunhyo's side. She doubled over laughing as she felt all tickly. 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" Yunhyo pushed him away hard and he fell back, now both of them soaking wet as the umbrella flew away from his grasp. 

"Yah! What do you think you are doing? Come here you little-" 

Yunhyo collapsed to the ground, as she saw Sunghoon fall again while trying to get up. He gave up and started laughing with her. 

They just stared at each other and giggled nonstop while rain poured over them. But they didn't care, as long as they were happy, in their own little world. 

Guess she didn't need a Jake to make her happy anymore.