thirty nine: riki's heart

Jay peeked from behind the wall as he saw Riki come around the corner. He looked at the wall opposite to him and nodded at Suyoung. She nodded back as she got the signal. 

Jay counted till 3 on his fingers and they both leaped at the front. At the same time perfectly, Riki appeared infront of them as he was passing by. 

Suyoung and Jay attacked him from both of the sides. She weaved her left hand through Riki's left and put her right palm over his eyes, blocking his vision completely. 

Jay did the same, weaving his right hand through Riki's remaining one and with his other hand he shut Riki's mouth. The yelp coming out of it was muffled. 

They thought they'd have to drag the heavy Riki but Riki picked up both of his legs bent at the knees as if he was sitting on a swing, which made it somehow easier for the senior duo to carry him. 

They hurriedly carried him to an empty classroom and got rid of their grip on his arms which made him drop to the ground with a heavy thud. 

"Yah! You people-" Niki panted by how startled he was as he weakly pointed a finger at the other two. 

"No don't hit me, I didn't do anything!" Riki crouched, putting his hands over his head in defence. 

Suyoung giggled at his response. "We're not gonna do anything Riki, we just wanna talk." 

Riki calmed down once he realised who the people were  and he took the hand Jay offered to help him get up. 

"Sorry if we scared you, we just wanted to talk to you in private."

"Yeah what is it?" Riki asked, looking down and scratching the back of his neck. It was very awkward for him because he had never talked to Yunhyo's friends. 

"I'm gonna get straight to the point since we don't have much time left until lunch break ends. Are you perhaps interested in any one of our friends Jungwon and Sunoo?" Jay asked trying his best not to look serious in order to not scare away the poor child. 

"Any one?" Riki broke into cold sweat. Does he need to tell them the truth? But if he doesn't, he might actually get hit the next time. 

He took a deep breath in to prepare himself.

"Not one. It may seem weird to you but I like them both. Just the same."

"You like them both? That's quite hard to handle you know? What if you end up hurting one of them?" Jay cocked his eyebrows as he became serious after realising both of his dear babies were in trouble. 

Riki sat on a chair with his elbows resting on the desk. The two elders sat on the chairs infront of him, turning around so they can face him. 

"No. I said I like them both. Sunoo? He's so bubbly and cute, talkative and energetic. Yet he makes me feel so calm and contented. As if the missing piece sits inside me and I'm whole again. He makes me feel complete. And Jungwon? I had this weird reaction everytime I saw him, My stomach would ache in a weird way. Then I came to realise they were what people call 'butterflies'. He makes me feel things I've never felt before. He makes me feel like a huge part of me was ripped out, leaving me weak and breathless. And even if it seems like they both make me feel quite the contrast things, I like them very much. How can I possibly afford to hurt one of them if it'll end up hurting me more? I like them in a different way, yet the same way. That's why I need both of them, not one of them. Am I even making sense right now? Wait did I just spill too much?" Riki raised his head which was cradled between his palms the whole time as he finished his blabbering and looked at Jay and Suyoung with furrowed eyebrows. 

They both stared back at him, zoned out and mouths agape. 

Suyoung cleared her throat and sat straight and a soft smile appeared on Jay's lips. 

"Thank you for telling us, Riki. I won't tell the two in question about our discussion, I'll leave it up to your own ways. I'm not saying I completely approve of this right now, but if you need any help, I'll be here. But also remember- if you hurt any one of them even in the slightest, I won't hold back-"

"Jay!!"

"What? I won't let anything happen to my precious children." 

"I understand, hyungnim." 

"Oh my god, see? You scared the poor child." 

"Oh..."

"Riki-ya, I get what you're saying and I want to thank you for trusting us with your feelings," Suyoung said as she gave him a light head pat, "but there's an issue I'd like to discuss. You know, there's a possibility that, even if you like them both, and let's say they both like you back, does not mean they'll like each other as well."

"Huh?"

"Just because you're insterested in more than one person at a time, does not mean they are too. For the three of you to be together, Sunoo and Jungwon have to like each other too. I don't know what the chances of that happening are, but if it doesn't happen, they'll not only lose you but each other as well."