twenty one: meet the gang ig

"Sorry, you can't sit here." Jay said not looking up, as he sensed a presence beside him. Though Yunhyo did, "Oh Jake!" she exclaimed, beaming and standing up to greet him. 

Thier little table fell silent, curious eyes peeking at the two tall new arrivals. Yunhyo did the honours of introducing her dear friends. 

Jake introduced himself and his friend, Heeseung. Riki wasn't there yet. 

"He's late, he'll be here soon." Jake chirped as they both sat down on empty chairs. 

Sunoo gawked at the strangers and then squealed, throwing himself on Jay's shoulder. Jay remained unfazed to the sudden touch, he was used to this by now. Sunoo whispered in his ears but it was quite not a whisper- because the Suyoung sitting on Sunoo's other side heard it too. 

"Hyung! That Heeseung guy is the one I told you about, your ideal type, remember?" 

Jay smiled and ruffled Sunoo's hair. 

Suyoung slumped in her chair with a sigh. A new rival now? As if it was not hard already, she thought. 

Jay focused on his food rather than talking to anyone, which made Jake churn in his seat with nervousness. 

Jake had decided to win Yunhyo's friends over, not sure why, but this Jay guy was very scary. He apologized to her friends about making her skip class and worrying them. Suyoung, Jungwon and Sunoo forgave him with a smile but Jay hadn't bothered. 

They were all chatting and eating, Jake and Heeseung mixing up well. 

Soon Riki came running, huffing and having a high blush on his cheeks. He smiled and introduced himself to everyone, making Sunoo go stiff in his seat as he tried to hide the redness on his own cheeks. 

Yunhyo's friends introduced themselves. "We met that day, remember?" Sunoo managed to tell him somehow and Riki nodded with a smile, a warmth spreading in his chest. 

It was Jungwon's turn to introduce when Riki gasped and doubled over, clutching his stomach. 

"Are you okay?" Heeseung got up to help him. 

"I don't know... Feels weird in my stomach..." Riki answered  and Heeseung hurried him to the infirmary. 

The air shifted. 

Jungwon and Suyoung had both fell silent, not really interested in anything and seemd deep in thought. Sunoo looked worried about Riki's condition. Jay went back to his food altogether with his cold demanour which made Jake more nervous as he was sweating now and this- all of this just crushed Yunhyo inside. 

There was so much awkwardness. This was not how she had imagined their first meeting to be.