seventy three: summer

"Jake!" 

The said male turned around at the mention of his name, the corners of his mouth turning up to form a smile as he saw Yunhyo running up to him. 

She held on to the straps of her bag and her hair blew behind her back from the wind, a few strands still on her face. He spread his arms at the sight of her. She landed perfectly in his arms before he lifted her up. 

"It's over! God, it's finally over!" 

He couldn't help but chuckle at her excitement. He put her back down on the ground after their little hug, his hands still around her waist and hers around his neck. 

"Ice cream?" She asked and he nodded in a heartbeat. "Let's go!" she grabbed his hand and pulled him along, outside the school and towards the nearest ice cream parlour. 

His heart was beating weirdly fast, a blush on his cheeks due to her antics. Watching her being so happy and excited, openly showing him affection, along with her taking the lead and initiating plans. A side of hers he rarely got to see and it gave him butterflies. 

They say, when you like somebody, you start picking up their habits. You slowly start becoming like them. 

"Why won't you say anything?" she asked with a frown, looking back at him. 

"Nothing... I'm just admiring you, and enjoying your company." 

That made Yunhyo all shy and she bumped his shoulder out of embarrassment. 

After getting ice cream they walked to the park to find a bench, as there was nowhere to sit. The streets were still somewhat wet from the summer rain. The air felt fresh, all the dust wiped out from the rain, and the sun shone so brightly. It was a perfect day; a perfect day to begin the holidays, a perfect day to be with each other. 

"Now that school's over... we can hang out however much we want." Yunhyo laid her head on Jake's shoulder as they both ate their ice creams. "Jake... will you come to visit me in school? And can I come to see you in your college? Now that you're graduating, I can't be with you every day." she frowned slightly. 

"Silly... who said that? Of course, we'll still see each other every day. I'll come to pick you up from school. We'll go on dates on weekends. But hey, there's still time for that. We still have the whole summer to ourselves." he said while patting her head.

"Oh, that reminds me... It's Jay oppa's birthday soon, and he's taking us on a trip to Busan. He wants you to come as well." 

"Wait, really? Jay wants me there?" his eyes widened in surprise. "I thought he hated me..."

"Of course not! How could he hate you, you're the sweetest guy ever. He wants everyone to enjoy this together, and of course, he wants to get closer to you. He's invited Riki and Heeseung-ssi as well. Will you come, Jakey?" 

"Hell yes, Yun! A trip with you and all our friends sounds perfect!" He giggled, and she laughed along with him, his smile being so contagious. 

"The summer of our lives... I truly can't wait."