ch 3; I have an idea *smirk*

Knuckles sits on the edge of the mountain with the master emerald somewhere behind him.
The sky is more purple than blue now. Despite it's should be least two hours before it should be dusk.
The echidna stares at the pink-violet clouds who are passing slowly across the sky. One of the clouds looks a slightly as Eggman. Slender legs with huge stomach and something who reminds him of a mustache. Or perhaps cucumbers?
He snickers.
It has been kinda silent nowadays from that manic. Maybe Dr.Eggman has been in need of a vacation?

Knuckles notices how the wind suddenly blows harder against him. He was about to turn the face curiously to the right side when something black and red thuds next him.
The red echidna jolts gasping and was almost about to stand up when he understands it's Shadow who came with two sandwiches and juice in small boxes.
"S-shadow?!" He wides the eyes.
Shadow grins at him and crosses a leg over the other.
"Yo-... I have food if you want any..." the hedgehog tells him and waves a sandwich, wrapped in paper.
Knuckles heart pounds faster. He cannot stop seeing the resemblance between Shadow and Sonic. The only difference between them except their color pattern, is; Shadow seems mature, and darker?
Knuckles shakes the head and makes Shadow raising an eyebrow since he thinks Knuckles is saying no to the food.
The echidna swallows and extends the arm against him.
"T-thank..." he says and takes the sandwich.
Then Knuckles unwraps the sandwich and starts chewing.
Shadow parts the lips as he was about to say something but got speechless.
The dark furred male shrugs and places a juice box next Knuckles before he starts unwrapping his own sandwich.
They start eating in silence. The silence wasn't completely uncomfortable. But not yet comfortable.
Shadow looks up at the sky while chewing.
Then he chuckles the second he sees the Eggman cloud.

Knuckles heart skips a beat and he looks curiously at Shadow who points at the cloud.
"Hah! Even as a cloud, Eggman looks ugly as horse shit..."
Knuckles brights excited up.
"Yeah right!" He bursts out.
Shadow glances curiously at him.
Knuckles smiles.
"I'm glad you could see what I do... Usually when I tell the others, they look confused at the clouds and cannot see what I do..." he tells Shadow who blinks at him.
Then the hedgehog exhales through the nose and looks back up at the sky.
He points at another cloud.
"And that one looks as-..."
"Hamburger" Knuckles interrupts him.
Shadow gasps softly and lowered the hand.
"...Yeah..." he exhales and looks deeply into Knuckles violet eyes. With a small blush.
Knuckles let's out a short gasp and looks a slightly confused and yet spellbound into Shadow's crimson red eyes. Those eyes are glowing as fire. Heating up your body.
Yet they feel as water, something you could drown in, if you stares too long and deep into them.
The echidna starts lidding his eyes while leaning against Shadow.
Shadow wides the eyes in surprise while his mind yells loudly at him in weird noises. With his pounding heart, beating loudly in the ears.
Before Knuckles could even kiss him, Shadow leans away and breaks the eye contact.
"Do you know what?..." Shadow starts saying and snapped Knuckles out from his current state.
"Eh?" Knuckles blinks confused and sits upright. Feeling a slightly ashamed about what almost happened. Did he really was about to kiss him?! ... How embarrassing...
Shadow grins.
"I wanna repay Amy with the same shit she putted us through..." he tells him and takes a big bite of the sandwich.
Knuckles tilts the head.
"How?"

Shadow popped the juice box with the small straw.
Then he swallowed juice few times through the straw.
"I wanna catfish Amy back, where she will believe Sonic is contacting her..."
Knuckles looks dumbfounded at him.
Then he clears the throat.
"I-... Don't understand... How would we do that, when she already has our and Sonic's phone number?"
Shadow smirks.
"Well... I was thinking we would send her old fashioned letters... She will never find out where they came from..."
Knuckles looks asking down at the knees.
"But-... What if she asks Sonic and he says those letters aren't from him?" The echidna asks while looking back up at Shadow whose quills moves a little with the wind. Stroking gently across his cheeks.
Knuckles' heart skips a beat and he has to look swiftly away before he does any stupid again.
Shadow clicks the tongue chuckling.
"Don't worry... Like she will ever get the chance to ask him in person... Haven't you seen how Sonic literally runs away the second he either sees her or hear her calling after him?... So, I don't think we have anything to worry about..." he shakes the head before eating up and swallowing the juice.
Knuckles nibbles a bit on the sandwich.
"You have right..." he sighs before his mind thinks about; Amy has Sonic's number.
"Of course I have..." the hedgehog comments in a cocky voice.
Knuckles glances at him.
"What if she texts him?"
Shadow snorts and rolls the eyes.
"And do you really think she has the correct number?" He points out and stands up.
Knuckles gasps shocked... Now when he is thinking about it. Why would Sonic gives his right number to someone he is keeping safe distance from?
Shadow shrugs.
"And even if she has the right number... Whom say Sonic would even read her texts? I assume he is actually ignoring her there as well..."