ch 17; Our little family

Around three-four years has passed since the awful situation with Mephiles.
Knuckles and Shadow got finally married, and built a new house together at angel island near the master emerald.
They were truly happy and got blessed with triplets.
One boy who looks more alike an echidna than hedgehog. The boy was red with one single black quill. His name is, Lancelot.
Then they got a daughter who also looks very alike an echdina, but with ears like a hedgehog. Her name is Tikal.
The last child is a feminine boy, a black hedgehog who loves playing dress-up with his sister. That boy has blueish details on the quills, which Knuckles has looked doubtfully at Shadow. Shadow had only shrugged, and told Knuckles he didn't had sex with Mephiles. And those blueish quills must have been a mere coincidence...
That boy's name is Shade. Shade the hedgehog.
***

Shadow lays on top of Knuckles in the bed, with the blanket over the body. Stroking the hand gently on Knuckles' cheek. Sometimes he leans down and kisses Knuckles softly on the lips and the cheeks.
Knuckles snickers and looks happily up at his husband. With the hands resting on Shadow's back.
Shadow looks deeply into Knuckles' purple eyes, and bites the bottom lip gently and thoughtfully. It has been a while since they've had sex. And today he craves the touch even more.
Shadow smiles softly down at Knuckles and leans down with the side of the head on Knuckles' shoulder.
"Can't you touch me more?" He whispers.
Knuckles shivers and gulps.
"Like this?-..." he blushes and slides the hands down along Shadow's back to his bottom.
Shadow purrs.
"Yes~..."
Knuckles cups his hands on Shadow's butt cheeks and starts squeezing them gently.
Shadow moans softly and exhales a breathe at Knuckles' neck, which made the echidna to shiver.
"More-..."Shadow begs and presses his crotch a little down from all lust he's building up.
Knuckles flinches a little confused.
"More?" He asks and glances at Shadow.
Shadow nuzzles his husband's neck.
"Mm-... I want to feel you inside me..." he explains while slowly getting hard.
"Oh-..." Knuckles exhales, before sighing and stops squeezing the hedgehog's ass.
"Sorry-...But-..." he starts saying and makes Shadow's ears to perk up.
The hedgehog starts feeling disappointed and lift the head up to look down at him.
"Wh-..." Shadow starts asking with furrowed eyebrows. Nervous Knuckles has got tired of him.
Knuckles inhales deeply. He starts getting a little bad conscience.
"But we don't have any condoms left..."he explains the reason they can't go any further.
Shadow raises an eyebrow.
Knuckles sighs.
"I mean-... The triplets take a lot time from us... We even have Amy as help to take care of them... It would be very hard to add even more children on top of that..."
The hedgehog scoffs.
"But-... I only gave Amy the chance to help with the kids since she was devastated over Sonic was gone... I honestly don't need her help... I'm just being nice" he rolls the eyes.
Knuckles gets silent while thoughtfully furrowing the eyebrows.
"Soo?-... You are alright with me getting inside you, without any condom?" The echdina asks. If Shadow is alright with getting any more children, then he won't deny him that. As long Shadow is happy, then Knuckles also is. Maybe it would be great with a big family?!
Shadow sits chuckling up and straddles him.
"Are you mad?-..." Shadow asks and makes Knuckles to raise an eyebrow.
"Of course I won't let you inside me without any protection... I have enough with three small children... It would be a nightmare if we got three more..." he adds and shakes the head.
"Oh-..." Knuckles exhales and doesn't know of he is feeling relieved or disappointed. Or maybe both?
Shadow grins and pokes Knuckles nose.
"And stop looking as I just destroyed your sweet little image about a future with a big family with six-eight children..." he smirks and takes the finger away from Knuckles' nose. The echidna wrinkles the nose a little.
Shadow slides down from Knuckles and starts walking toward the door.
Knuckles sits confused up.
"Where are you going?" He asks and isn't ready to let's go of Shadow yet. Even though they can't have penetrating sex, there are still things they can do.
Shadow smiles.
"To the store and gets some condoms..." he tells him before opening the door and walks out from the bedroom.