Graduation

Their tassels were worn on the left, symbolizing that they have graduated. Finally. As the caps were thrown into the air Katniss started thinking of this last year of high school. After the whole kidnapping in September (the first week of school) she continued on with her life getting her mind off those awful weeks. She had worked as hard as ever to get into Harvard along with Peeta, Annie and Finnick. Ironic that they all got accepted.

When she caught her hat something caught her eye, her promise ring. Katniss smiled remembering last night when Peeta gave it to her. They were in the meadow and Peeta had put fairy lights on the trees and a blanket with dinner on the ground. It was astonishing. Right at midnight they stood up and he kneeled in front of her. Katniss was worried that he was going to propose to her. Not that she didn't want to marry him; she just felt that they should wait until they're older.

His words were spoken so clearly and beautifully they brought tears to her eyes.

"Katniss, this is a promise ring, my promise to you. My promise that I will marry you when the time is right. I promise to love you even in our darkest moments. I promise to always trust you and not get paranoid when you go out with someone. I promise to share my food with you, even if it's the last cheese bun. Because we all know how much you love those. I promise not to complain when you want to go out or watch a romantic movie. I promise to keep you happy and never let you cry, and lastly, I promise to protect you, Katniss Everdeen you mean the world to me. Will you accept this promise ring?"  

Annie nudged Katniss's arm and smiled, she was the first of her friends to know. Prim was obviously first then her parents. Her sister was ecstatic, she adored Peeta and couldn't wait to have him as an older brother.

"The graduating class of 2015, everyone!" the principal shouted into the microphone. The family and friends in the crowd cheered and the graduates cheered as loud as possible, excited to get out of high school and enter the adult world full of jobs, family, and independence.

Katniss looked out into the crowd and saw Prim, she had tears in her eyes while cheering and clapping for her. Prim was to start high school next fall and Katniss knew she had nothing to worry about, Prim was smart and knew who to hang out with and to avoid.

 Katniss and Annie found their friends standing together by the oak tree they had always met at every day for the last four years, except Annie and Peeta though. They would all miss these moments together knowing the rest of the group was heading off to different colleges/universities. It was hard, but that was the price of growing up.

Peeta pulled Katniss into his embrace kissing her head and whispering "We did it." Into her ear. He was right, they did it.

She smiled, they finally graduated high school.

Hey guys! That was he last chapter- other than the epilogue of course! Thanks for sticking with me through out this experience! I love you all! Sorry this story was rushed guys...

But anyways, epilogue soon!

Oh! I changed my username again! I was @hey_im_maddie but now I'm @thgeverlark

good night guys!

-Maddie