Epilogue

Katniss was shaking like a leaf, her white dress was flowing in the wind on that hot summer day, she was nervous that she would forget her vows or that Peeta would change his mind. In a few minutes Katniss will be walking down the aisle abandoning her last name Everdeen and becoming a Mellark. Her anxiety got to her more when she began walking down the aisle with Plutarch at her side and Peeta ahead of her, he looked handsome in his suit and tie she still couldn't believe he wanted to marry her.

She had remembered the words of encouragement Annie told her before the ceremony started.

"Remember Katniss, just keep your eyes on Peeta and recite your vows in your head. Think of why you love Peeta, why you want to marry him. You'll be fine, just try not to fall."

She looked into the crowd of friends and family and tears filled her eyes. Clove was missing, two years after graduation they found out she had stage four cancer, Leukemia. Even though the group all split apart other than Peeta, Finnick, Annie and Katniss they all came together to support her. She fought hard but two weeks later the cancer spread to her heart and stopped it. They sat together for days crying and all spoke at the funeral. Katniss knew that if she was here everything would have felt complete, Clove would be giving her silly looks and expressions trying to ease the pressure.

She forgot about Clove once she laid her eyes on Peeta, his blue eyes shined with love and she fell in love with him all over again. Plutarch gave her away to Peeta and they faced each other holding hands at the top of the altar, she could just feel the love in the air.

Peeta's vows were so incredible Katniss couldn't help but cry, even when she read hers she chocked up. When the vows were done they were both crying out of happiness. When Katniss saw Prim crying she smiled knowing that Prim was next, right when she graduated high school a few months ago her boyfriend Rory proposed.

She focused her attention back to the minister when it was time to say "I do."

"Do you Peeta James Mellark take Katniss Ruby Everdeen to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness or health, for rich or for poor? 'Till death do you part?"

Peeta looked at Katniss with love in his eyes, "I do."

"Do you Katniss Ruby Everdeen take Peeta James Mellark to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness or health, for rich or for poor? 'Till death do you part?"

Katniss smiled her widest smile ecstatic to finally marry the man she loves. "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!" the minister shouts.

Katniss poured as much love into the kiss as she could, she was finally married to the one she loves. She was now Katniss Ruby Mellark.

Hey guys! I can't believe I finished my first ever Wattpad story! This has been such a great experience for me and thanks guys for sticking with me! Excuse all the mistakes and blunt chapters as I was only twelve when I started and this was technically my first story! (I started this when I started my first story Hunger Games High which was deleted). Also sorry if I'm wrong about what the minister says I just based it off memory.

I'll be back in just over a month with a new story, until then I will be planning and writing it while trying to improve/mature my writing for you guys!

I love you all and thanks for reading!

Mockingjay out!