Chapter 17 Amy

I turn around to see the 14 arrows awaiting me to add them to the quiver. I stand up "Who's there..." I say hesitantly. I glance around us to see our culprit. I see a tiny portion of black hair and a bit of eye glasses. "Are you Amy?" I say with a sweet tone as I get awkward faces from Ava and Savannah. "It's okay, we aren't going to hurt you, thank you for the arrows" I say with a smile. I really do want a alliance with her so I walk up to her cautiously. She emerges from the pine tree with a scared look on her face. She reminds me of Rue who Katniss allied with in the games. I think of her sister, Lisa. The cancer patient, poor her probably crossing her fingers to let her sister live.
"I found them by a tree, I think it was the careers but that's okay I ran away fast" She smiles and puts the extra arrows in my quiver. I stretch out my hand. "Allies?" She smiles and shakes my hand "Allies". Savannah and Ava shake her hand and we carry on exploring the land. Amy sees the spear sticking out of Savannah's backpack. Savannah chuckles "Take it I'm not good at spears anyway" she smiles and thanks Savannah.
Guessing is about 8:00 pm the skies go bright and the fallen tributes appear. Most of the 17 I really doing care for or know. But 3 get my attention. Melanie, the one I killed who I still can't get out of my head. I killed her. Jasmine, the one who I also killed. I'm becoming a murderer. This is exactly what I feared. Then that kid Ethan... The humorous one that always made me laugh had fallen. In my district.
Tears form my eyes as Amy soothes me. "So, who takes first watch?" Amy asks. "I will" Ava volunteers. "Okay, only for 2 hours" Savannah says. "Then I'll take watch" Ava nods as we all drift to sleep. Welcome to the hunger games