Chapter 38 Frost

HANNAHS POV

I shake Kayla, what's the use the cannon boomed, she's gone. The mutt runs away, he got what he wanted, fresh meat. "Let's go" I say holding back my tears. I still can't believe she was Gale's daughter, why couldn't she lead the rebellion, not me, anyone but me. We travel through the forest getting pricked by bushes and hurt by fallen branches from weak trees. The air suddenly turns chilly, it just turned it like someone turned it on with a light switch. Ava blows into her hands to keep warm as Savannah looks for fire wood. I decide to look where the cold is coming from, I turn around to see a part of the arena painted with snow. "Look a new path of the arena, did it just expand?" Ava questions and walks to the snow. I think of Amy how the water 'suddenly appeared' and that was the end of that. "AVA WAIT!" I pull Ava out of the way and shivers in shock, "ouch! I felt a shock" Ava says rubbing her arm in pain, "the snow is electric, it's a trap" Savannah says examining Ava's now burnt arm.
LATER THAT NIGHT
The fallen tributes appear in the sky and I get disappointed how many people died, only 2.
A girl from 9, which finishes that district.
Then, Kayla...
My eyes start to burn as so does my head, wait no my eyes and head isn't burning, it's cold. My whole body gets chilly to cold to freezing, I turn around to see the snow again, is it following us?
"Guys, run right now" Savannah says stepping on the fire as we bolt, "what's happening?" I ask turning around, j realize as I turn around the snow is following us, taking place of the grass in the forest, "the frost, the capitols electric snow, if you put both feet or your whole body on it you get electrified and die" Savannah says pushing Ava more forward so she can get more of a head start, "when does it stop?" Ava asks still running almost out of breath, "that's undecided" Savannah replies. We run for about half an hour after we lose the frost, "we have to be careful of that now, the Capitol probably wants to kill tributes off-" Savannah says as she gets interrupted by the boom, turning around I see a dead body on the ground laying on the frost, there lies a stiff Ashley with her eyes wide open.

Hey Guyssssssssssssss
Too lazy to write one of these
Byeeeee
-hannah xo