Chapter 30 Why I did it

ASHLEYS POV
I'm from district 6, lumber which isn't the best district for the Hunger Games, but I'm good with most weapons other than a bow I left that for Hannah. I think out of the alliance me and Amy were the closest. The other girls don't know this but I always woke her up when I was watching and she always woke me up when she was watching and all we did was talk. Talk like we're not in a life or death situation at the moment.
"So tell me about your family"
Amy would ask just making the most casual small talk at a time like this.
"I live with my cousin, Drew and my aunt Hadilmar" I would reply and she'll smile. That night before Amy's death she woke me up and talked to me about something that will still dramatize me for life.
"Ashley, not only did I wake you up for our usual chats but I need to ask you something serious". She says placing her hand on my knee. Hesitant I reply, "Sure, anything". "Today, when the other girls we will hunt for food, and for one of you guys to live I need to die, obviously" she says and my face goes blank. She's not considering suicide is she? "Well yes, but Amy-" I try to speak getting interrupted automatically, "The thing I see first that I know is poisonous, I will eat it or drink it" She says and tears form my eyes and make my way down my cheeks. "I won't let you-" I try to say getting interrupted again "yes you will".
The morning came and I dread what she would to to end her life. She can to the unthinkable knowing her. The water was a brilliant move, but devastating for me. She died for us, she died for me. That was the reason why I was running especially fast with the coffin, the reason I accused myself, the reason I backed off if the alliance.
"But.. Ashley it wasn't your fault" Savannah tries to say but I automatically deny it. "You don't understand, I love you guys so much" Ashley says and we all embrace each other. I don't know where I'll go, I'll look for a cage and camp at the desert where not a lot of tributes will camp. The thing that will worry me for everyday until I die will be waiting for night to fall and see the dead tributes dreading not to see one of their faces. We let go of the hug and I walked away holding back my tears.

Hey guys, it's hannah! I just wanted to show you guys why she quit and all that stuff(?). Vote and comment it means the world!!
Byeeeeeeee
-hannah xo