Chapter 23 The Oasis

I awake and realize Ashley was taking watch the whole night and I suddenly i feel bad. "Hey sleepyhead" She says as I wake up and she hands me a deer thigh. "Thanks, anyone die last night?" Ashley's eyes go sad. "One was from my district and was my cousin, his name was Drew" I stare at her as her eyes fill with regret, she continues "And I killed one... He had a knife by your neck and my backs was turned, I threw my dagger at him" She breaks down into tears as I glance down at the bloody dagger that lays by where I was sleeping. The others wake up by the sound of Ashley sobbing and everything soothes here. Even Ava, it looks like she trusts her now. We start to walk around the desert passing palm trees and sand dunes but no food,people, and so far we can't find that oasis we found at the beginning of the games. "We have been walking for hours and haven't even found one tribute or the oasis, how big is this arena?" Ashley asks still looking around for water. "THERE IT IS!" Amy yells without thinking and runs to a oasis. I swear I didn't see that a second ago, it's like it just appeared. Just appeared. "AMY NO" I scream at the top of my lungs but it's too late. Amy drops to the ground due to the poisonous water.

Hey guys! Yes I know it's sad 😭. Before the chapter that picture is a picture of me. I decided you would want a actual picture of the author of 1,000 are reading this.
Byeeeeee
-hannah xo