Chapter 19 The funeral

I think this is Kristin, the girl Bella cried over at the reaping. She's a pretty girl with black hair in a pony tail with nice brown eyes. I don't know why but Savannah breaks down in tears. She's just so innocent, she doesn't even know this girl. "Where did she come from?" Ava asks getting knifes in hand. "I want a funeral" Savannah says in a demanding voice as we all give her questioning faces. "You want what?" I ask, a funeral. "She's from our district, and she's only 12 or 13, let's have a service for her, show up the Capitol" She says. We all nod but still confused I can tell. Savannah carried Kristins body as me and Ava build a cruddy wooden coffin with our daggers that barely carve into the wood. Ava is very artistic so she's able to draw fancy squiggly lines on the wood. Amy hands us more wood and after a while we announce our completion. "Done!" Ava and I say in unison. Amy opens the upper part of the coffin as Savannah lowers Kristin'a bloody corpse into the cruddy coffin we created, but I must say Ava did an outstanding job on the lines. "Hannah, would you like to say a few words?" Savannah says with a smile. She literally is acting like a priest. I think of 'The Hanging Tree' Katniss sang and get inspired.
"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go. When all that shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said don't leave me here alone. When all that's dead and gone and past tonight. Just closer your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you know. Come morning light. You and I'll be safe and sound. Don't you dare look out your window darling everything's on fire. The war outside our door is raging on. Hold on to this lullaby. Even when the musics gone. Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you know. Come morning light. You and I'll be safe and sound" That song always reminded me of the Hunger Games singing about the war an death. Savannah and Ava starts to tear up as Amy stays strong. I start to place stones around the wooden coffin since we're in the desert and wild flowers can't be found. "Bye, Kristin" I hold her hand. Kristin stars to mouth "Thank you" as her eyes close permanently.

Hey guys! I like this chapter it's so sweet 😍. If you got interested in the song it's called 'Safe and sound' by Taylor swift.
Byeeeee
-hannah xo