CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3

Parang wala ako sa sarili ko habang kumakain kami kasi hindi parin pumapasok sa utak ko ang mga nangyayari at mangyayari.

I still can't believe that our parents have already decided things without even consulting us. Hindi naman talaga magkakaroon ng problema kung ibang tao, 'yong hindi ko kilala.

Pero si Raven?!

Hindi parin talaga ako makapaniwala na sa dami ng tao sa mundo, siya pa talaga and pinili ng mga magulang ko.

I will not let him be part of my life again. This wedding will just exclusively for business and nothing more than that. I already cut off what relationship we had 10 years ago and I don't have plans in taking it back.

People never change so as he. I know what kind of person he is, I know him so well that I can tell that I will never go back to that same spot of me being a fool for him.

Kahit na ayoko talaga sa kasal na 'to pero wala na talaga akong magagawa at kailangan ko nalang tanggapin ang sitwasyon pero hindi ibig sabihin nun ay kailangan na kaming magkasundo ni Raven.

"I heard you graduated from Wharton, hija," I went back to my senses when I heard his mom's voice talking to me now.

"Uh...yes, I graduated from Wharton," lutang parin talaga ako kasi sino ba naman hindi malulutang sa mga nangyayaring kamalasan sa buhay ko.

"Wait, you mean you went to the US, by any chance, you haven't mean Raven there?" sobrang laki ng US para magkita pa kami dun.

"I don't really go out," I lied that I don't go out but I am telling the truth that I haven't seen him there.

"You know, she's very focused on her studies. She also has a master's degree in Business," mom was kinda bit true with her statement.

I mean, I really had an MA but I go out and drink often when I was still in the US.

Raven's parents looked impressed as to how my mom was telling them how 'qualified' I am to be married to their son like I wanted this wedding.

I don't know if qualified was the right term to call that but never mind.

"You know, my son Raven, he graduated from Harvard and he's also so focused on his studies that he didn't even have a girlfriend ever since. He never had a girlfriend ever since," Raven's mom said.

"Wow, what a coincidence! Lauren has also never had a boyfriend," mom sounds so proud.

That's the biggest lie I ever heard in my life aside from Veronica denying her feelings for Cedric.

Kung alam lang nila, hays!

"They're really meant to be, to be exact," dad said and I slightly rolled my eyes as I fed the steak in my mouth.

Meant to be my ass! if they only know our Raven and I's past, let's see if they can still say that.

"Lauren, how do you see Raven?" mom faced me and they all have their eyes on me now.

Mom? seriously? bakit kailangan ba talagang tanungin pa ako ng ganyang klaseng tanong? what would say? anong sasabihin ko kay Raven? na gago siya?

"Uh...he's fine," I really can't lie that's is why I am playing safe instead but they look like they're not satisfied with it.

What else do they want? seems like they wanted to hear something from me.

"That's it?" gago siya, mom! gago!