CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20

RAVEN'S POV

10 years ago...

I was looking myself at the mirror while spraying perfume all over me. I have to look good because today is Lauren and I's first anniversary. I am so excited about it because she's my first girlfriend and it's our first time celebrating.

I am so excited to see her later.

"Raven," someone knocked on the door of my room and I opened it.

"Yes, dad? mom?" I asked and they looked confused looking at my outfit.

"You're going somewhere?" dad asked and I nodded.

"Yes, dad,"

"To where?" he furrowed his brows.

"To my girlfriend," I said.

They already knew about my first relationship but they didn't know her name and I am planning to bring Lauren here in the house soon to formally introduced her to them but seems like my parents was not happy about it.

Dad sighed with that disappointment look in his face.

"Look, Raven. Cassandra is here, she's downstairs looking for you," shit.

That girl from the States, my parents likes her because she's the only daughter of one of their biggest business partner. They always invite her in the house but I always find a way to escape from the house just not to see her.

What for? I already have a girlfriend.

"What is she doing here?" I asked filled with annoyance in my voice.

"It's Valentines Day, she wants to spend it with you. She also invited her friends," mom said and I sighed.

"But mom, I already said I have plans with my girlfriend----

"Cancel that, you may just going to end up breaking up with her once we discuss things with Cassandra's parents,"

"What do you mean?" I asked them confusingly.

"We're saying that you should stop giving your girlfriend a false hope, we will be the one to choose to whom you're going to marry, so better break up with that girlfriend of yours and start making things with Cassandra,"

What? they even think that way? how can that way to Lauren? they're basically pushing me to date Cassandra and spend this special day to that unimportant person rather than with my girlfriend. This is so unbelievable!

"Dad, I cannot do that---

"That's final. Your not living in this house now, you're not going anywhere and that's final," he said before mom take me with her downstairs with dad but I pulled my myself from them.

"No, I will go there," I take a stand that I will not go there.

"Raven!"

"No, dad. I will not going there----

"Raven, don't get me mad or else you will not like if I will lose my patience," he said and hands starts to tremble.

"Hon, lower your voice," mom said while holding dad's arm and I got so nervous.

Mom hold my arm and take downstairs. I was too scared to oppose to what my dad want that's why I couldn't run away. I'm afraid that my dad would hurt me physically again just like when I was a kid that's why I am scared of failing because of them.

When we got there downstairs, I saw her with her sexy red dress walking near to me. She invited her friends also which some are my classmates.

"Hi, Raven," she waved her hand at me and I didn't respond at all.