CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26

Days went so fast that it was already the day before the New Year. I started packing things because we're going back to Batanes. We will spend our New Year there.

I try not to think of that for now because I wanna enjoy my stay in that place without thinking of anything else than the celebration of New Year itself.

"Are you that excited, love?" he asked while I am putting the things that I wanted to bring in the baggage.

"Yes, I wanted to make our New Year memorable. After New Year, can we stay there longer?" I asked and he nodded with a smile on his face.

"Of course, love. We can stay there whenever you want," great because he's helping me pack my things.

I packed quite a lot of things because I will stay there longer. I will just be working from home not until I will go back here to Manila. We had our flight back to Batanes and I was ecstatic when I got back from that beautiful place again.

It was still afternoon when we got there in the place.

"Babe, I will just go to the market for like an hour to buy some stuff for our dinner later," he said while changing his shirt.

"You won't let me come with you?" I asked because I don't wanna be alone here then he look back at me.

"The market here was not like the supermarket at the mall, you're not used to public markets because you've never been there," of course, it's not Manila, it will be different.

"It's fine, it doesn't matter," I shrugged.

"Babe, maingay dun tapos 'yong amoy ng isda---

"I already said it doesn't matter," I cut him off.

"Okay then, you can come with me," glad that he will take me with him.

I was curious too about what a public market looks like. I haven't been to any public market before also because none of my friends go there. Not because I am being maarte or something, hindi pa lang talaga ako nakakapunta. Ngayon pa lang.

"Should I wear something formal?" I asked and he shook his head.

I just wanted to ask, I have never been there kaya.

"No, you can just wear whatever you are comfortable with," he said so I decided to wear a plain white shirt and denim shorts but Raven seems to dislike it when he saw me wearing those shorts because he was frowning looking at my legs right now.

Guys are always the same.

"Babe...your legs are..."

"What? you said comfy then this is my kind of comfy so don't ever protest," inunahan ko na siya.

"But---

"So, we're gonna argue with this? you're making this a big deal?" I raised my brows at him and he sighed.

"Babe, I am just saying that guys would look at you---

"The hell would I care, I can protect myself," I cut him off at wala na siyang nagawa kasi hindi rin naman ako magbibihis.

Mag-aaway talaga kami kasi hindi talaga ako magbibihis. He used his black pickup car just like we're living in the farm kind of car. Anyways, I was sitting at the front beside him but his right hand was on my right thigh while he was driving.

What the hell? kanina ayaw niya tapos ngayon eto? hindi niya man lang mabitawan 'yong pagkakahawak niya na parang aalis ako. I really don't get guys sometimes.

"What's with your hand, Mr. del Rango?" I crossed my arm on my chest facing while I'm sitting here in the front seat beside him.

"Nothing, I am just holding what's mine," he glanced at me and gave me that look that he was claiming me as his.