CHAPTER 24

Chapter 24

Formal Request

If only I can stop time to stay in Batanes then I would've done it.

We have to go back to Manila after the holidays because of work. Work is depriving me to have a break, that break that I needed to relax.

We used the plane and went back to Manila in no time and with no hassle. But then, I suddenly think of Raven's parents and what happened at that Christmas dinner with his family.

After what happened, I don't know how I am going to behave in front of them. Should I tell my parents about this?

Nah, I'm sure they won't mind. They will just say that it's part of having in-laws that's why I changed my mind and erased that option. Maybe I should just handle it on my own since it's my problem.

I get my phone to scroll on my social media since I have no work to do at this hour. I was about to open my Instagram but I heard a knock on my door then Joana came in.

"Ma'am, andito po si Ma'am Emma," Woah! mom is here?

I forgot to message her and I just remember it by now.

"Let her in," I said she opened the door and mom came in then Joana left.

"Mom, w-what brings you here?" I asked and she sighed and sat on the couch.

"Nothing, I just want to check on you if you're doing well," wew, the first time.

"Well, I am doing fine," I said and she nodded while she's looking around the office.

"Also, you still have a meeting later, do not be late," always.

"Okay, mom," I sighed.

"That's it, I'll get going," she said then get up then left my office.

Woah, that was fast. I thought she would stay here longer but she was just here to check on me. She can just text me or call me.

Anyways, maybe she has some business things to do kaya napadaan siya dito. She's slightly scary right now unlike how scary she is during my High School years.

I went to the conference room after 20 minutes. The meeting will just be all about the reports for this month's sale and everything. I sat at the center top of the table then the in charge of this meeting starts to arrange everything.

I was looking at my laptop for reference so that I can see the graph better to spot some errors if there are ones but so far. Wala pa naman.

"Our sales increase up to 23 percent this moment after the promo and people starts to consider buying our old stocks. We can successfully upgrade our stocks to the new one..."

I was so focused on listening to what my employee saying right now but then I saw a notification in my email. I immediately checked it, maybe it was from a client or anything business-related things.

But I think I was wrong.

It was from

ravendelrango14@gmail.com

Wait, what's this? is he going to work on a project with me? why he's sending me an email?

The subject was 'Formal Request for Ms. Williams'

I opened it and I can't believe that I have just read it.

From : ravendelrango14@gmail.com
To: laurenwilliams07@gmail.com
Subject : Formal Request for Ms. Williams