Third Year ➪ Quidditch

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. They were both enraged at the other and were unwilling to even look in the other's direction.

Ron was enraged that Hermione had never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously, hadn't bothered to keep a close enough watch on him, and was still trying to pretend that Crookshanks was innocent by suggesting that Ron look for Scabbers under all the boys' beds. Hermione, meanwhile, maintained fiercely that Ron had no proof that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, that the ginger hairs might have been there since Christmas, and that Ron had been prejudiced against her cat ever since Crookshanks had landed on Ron's head in the Magical Menagerie.

Y/N thought that all the evidence pointed to the fact that Croonshanks probably ate Scabbers but decided to not point it out after Harry made that very mistake.

"Okay, side with Ron, I knew you would!" Hermione said shrilly. "First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's my fault, isn't it! Just leave me alone, Harry, I've got a lot of work to do!"

Ron had taken the loss of his rat very hard indeed. And as a way to try and cheer him up, Harry decided to take him to the Gryffindor team's final practice before the Ravenclaw match, so that he could have a ride on the Firebolt after they'd finished.

While the boys were at practice, Hermione and Y/N were in the Gryffindor common room doing their homework. After Y/N had finished, she turned to Hermione and saw that she was still working, which was odd since Hermione would always finish her work before she did.

Y/N looked at her friend curiously and spoke, "How do you even do all that 'Mione?"

"Hmm?" Hermione hummed, looking up from her books

"I asked how do you do that," Y/N repeated, "How do you even have time to go to all of your lessons?"

Hermione suddenly became very tense. "I sorted it out--"

"--with McGonagall. Yes, I've heard."

Hermione was silent for a few moments.

"I wish I could tell you, I really do," she said in a suggestive tone, and after seeing that no one is looking at the two, she pulled something from around her neck out of the top of her shirt.

Y/N looked at her curiously before she realized what it was.

A Time Turner

"But-- But Hermione," she said, shocked, "how did you get one?"

"McGonagall," Hermione said, hiding the time turner once more.

Y/N needed a few moments to process what she just found out.

"So--so for this whole year you have been going back in time to attend your classes?" She questioned

Hermione nodded and turned back to her piles of homework.