Fourth Year ➪ Dragons

The wait for November 22nd couldn't feel any longer

The wait for November 22nd couldn't feel any longer. The thought of seeing Sirius' friendly face was very exciting to Harry. Even Y/N couldn't wait.

They had already planned out how they would get the common room empty in case not all the students went to bed before one o'clock in the morning. If Hermione would be unsuccessful in getting everyone to go upstairs, Y/N and Harry would set off some Dungbombs, but they hoped they wouldn't have to resort to that -- Filch would skin them alive.

In the meantime, Harry's life inside the castle somehow got worse, once Reeta Skeeter published her article about the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

It was horrible; Harry had his picture printed on most of the front cover of the Prophet and the article (that was three pages long) focused mainly on Harry. It was only in the last line of the article where Skeeter crammed in Fluer and Krum's (misspelled) names. Cedric wasn't even mentioned.

The article had appeared ten days ago, and Harry still got a sick, burning feeling of shame in his stomach every time he thought about it. Rita Skeeter had reported him saying an awful lot of things that he couldn't remember ever saying in his life, let alone in that broom cupboard.

I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now. . . . Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it. . . . I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me. . . .

But Rita Skeeter had gone even further than transforming his "er's" into long, sickly sentences: She had interviewed other people about him too.

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Y/N LeBeau, a stunningly pretty Half-blood girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

From the moment the article had appeared, Harry had had to endure people -- Slytherins, mainly -- quoting it at him as he passed and making sneering comments.

"Want a hanky, Potter, in case you start crying in Transfiguration?"

"Since when have you been one of the top students in the school, Potter? Or is this a school you and Longbottom have set up together?"

"Hey -- Harry!"

"Yeah, that's right!" Harry found himself shouting as he wheeled around in the corridor, having had just about enough. "I've just been crying my eyes out over my dead mum, and I'm just off to do a bit more. . . ."

"Slightly grumpy arent you Harold," Y/N's teasing voice came from in front of him.

"Oh, Fin." Harry sighed. "Sorry 'bout that."

"You dropped you quill idiot," she said, falling into step with him. "I thought I was supposed to be the scary angry werewolf out of the two of us."