Fourth Year ➪ Accio

Y/N woke up on Sunday morning with the weight of all she heard from both Harry and Sirius the previous night on her chest

She quickly got dressed and stepped down to the half-full common room. After asking around for a moment she found out that Harry was still -- unsurprisingly -- asleep. So she decided to wait till he woke up.

Hermione had already gone down to the great hall, so she sat down in the common room and started a game of exploding snap with Dean, who was getting bored watching Neville and Seamus play.

About thirty minutes later, Harry stepped down from his dorm, just as Dean beat Y/N for the third time in a row.

"OH NOW IM CERTAIN YOU CHEATED!" she accused.

"NO, I DIDN'T YOU'RE JUST SHITTY AT EXPLODING SNAP!" he said, matching her tone.

"OH FU--"

"Won't you guys shut up?" Harry interrupted their argument. "It fucking ten in the morning."

"Oh Harry good you're up," said Y/N. "We'll continue this later," she added, getting up from her seat, pointing two fingers at Dean.

"Please don't," said Seamus.

"Did you have a chance to tell Hermione?" Harry asked Y/N after they left through the portrait.

"No, she woke up before I did but she's probably in the Great Hall."

They walked silently throughout the castle, neither having anything to say about the situation and both busying themselves by trying to think of ways for Harry to survive the first task.

By the time they reached the entrance hall, they saw Hermione leave the great hall after breakfast. And since neither Y/N nor Harry were hungry, they immediately started telling her about the previous night, walking around the black lake.

Alarmed as she was by Sirius's warnings about Karkaroff, Hermione still thought that the dragons were the more pressing problem.

"Let's just try and keep you alive until Tuesday evening," she said desperately, "and then we can worry about Karkaroff."

"I agree," Y/N added, "the dragons are a more pressing matter. . . ."

And so they continued walking, thinking desperately for a solution. After about thirty minutes, They grew tired of walking aimlessly, so they decided to change routes and go to the library.

Here, Harry pulled down every book he could find on dragons, and the three of them set to work searching through the large pile.

"'Talon-clipping by charms . . . treating scale-rot . . .' This is no good, this is for people who want to have them as pets. . . ." said Y/N in a frustrated tone.

"'Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate . . .' But Sirius said a simple one would do it. . . ." Hermione readout.