Third Year ➪ Time Travel

a/n: okay two things:

1.i was actually sure that I already uploaded this part (I didn't edit this part before but I remembered us being in the next chapter) and because I was so excited to post the next part (its literally the part that I'm most proud of out of what I've written) you're getting two parts today :) (I mean you kinda deserve it after me not updating in a while)

2. I skipped the entire part in the hospital wing and the actual time travel cause you all know what happened. 

enjoy<3

Y/N and Harry walked towards Buckbeak quickly yet cautiously, in attempt to free the Hippogriff.

From inside Hagrid's cabin they could hear the Minister of Magic's voice, "It is the decision of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures that the Hippogriff Buckbeak, hereafter called the condemned, shall he executed on the sixth of June at sundown--"

The thought that this has already happened felt odd to Harry. The whole idea of time-travelling was bizarre.

Careful not to blink, him and Y/N bowed together, staring into Buckbeak's large orange eyes. After a short moment, the Hippogriff bowed and Harry moved quickly towards the knot keeping it from leaving.

"... sentenced to execution by beheading, to be carried out by the Committee's appointed executioner, Walden Macnair..."

"Come on, Buckbeak," Harry murmured, "come on, we're going to help you. Quietly... quietly..."

Y/N walked towards him and helped him tug gently on the rope that was lazily tied around its throat.

"Please, Buckbeak," Y/N pleaded.

"... as witnessed below. Hagrid, you sign here..."

Harry threw all his weight onto the rope, but Buckbeak had dug in his front feet.

"Well, let's get this over with," said the reedy voice of the Committee member from inside Hagrid's cabin. "Hagrid, perhaps it will be better if you stay inside --"

"No, I -- I wan' ter be with him... I don' wan' him ter be alone --" Footsteps echoed from within the cabin.

"Buckbeak, move!" Harry hissed.

Harry tugged harder on the rope around Buckbeak's neck. The Hippogriff began to walk, rustling its wings irritably. They were still ten feet away from the forest, in plain view of Hagrid's back door.

"One moment, please, Macnair," came Dumbledore's voice. "You need to sign too." The footsteps stopped. Harry heaved on the rope. Buckbeak snapped his beak and walked a little faster.

Hermione's white face was sticking out from behind a tree.

"Guys, hurry!" she mouthed.

"I have an idea!" Y/N whispered excitedly.