Chapter 2

Ciel's POV

Name: Alois Trancy
Born: November 5, 1993
Age: 22
Being trialled for: Rape, abuse, murder, damage and theft
Victims: Toby Nickleson (dead), Micheal Nickleson and Jane Nickleson
Accusations: Raped, abused and murdered Toby Nickleson (age 7) at approximately 12am on 21st March, 2015, burnt down house shortly after with couple Jane and Micheal still inside, they survived but with extensive trauma
Evidence against Alois: Ripped and slightly burnt plum coloured tailcoat (part of Trancy's usual attire), Toby found with his own trousers wrapped around his face and neck, supposedly choking him, also an injury to his head, large book (that was able to survive the fire) found with blood on the cover (thought to have been used as a weapon), traces of old matches found on floor, Alois fleeing from scene, caught by police covered in ash, with a ripped tailcoat, a stolen phone, some money, a lighter and a matchbox in his coat pocket
Proof for innocence: N/A

I studied the paper long and hard. There was so much against this kid, and literally nothing for him. How the heck was I going to prove his innocence? Why would Sebastian give me this case and tell me to win it when it's obvious this boy is guilty? It seemed so stupid and impossible for me. Maybe Sebastian had turned against me and was secretly trying to kick me out, giving me an impossible case to ensure I wouldn't get the job. He wouldn't would he?

I shook my head and sighed, walking towards the front door of my house. I was going to have my first session with this physco today, and hopefully I wouldn't get raped myself. As I walked to the door, I heard my phone ring from my pocket. I groaned. It was most probably the only person that ever called me.

"Hello?" I sighed.

"HI CIEL~!" An annoying female voice squealed right into the depths of my eardrums.

"What is it, Lizzy?" I tried not to growl.

Elizabeth was a childhood friend I had when I was with my stepfather, back then she was great. As equally loud and annoying as I used to be; but as I grew up, I became less like a child and more like an adult, unlike Lizzy. She still sounded like she was five and was still as loud and irratating. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of her.

"I wanted to know if you were doing anything this afternoon!" She giggled. Her high pitched laugh made my eyes twitch.

"I'm really busy with work at the moment Lizzy-" I rubbed my temples.

"Aw, you're such a bore, Ciel! Why don't you just come out and have some fun!!" I could practically hear her pout.

"Unlike you Lizzy, I have better things to do then have a million partners and go to parties every day!!" I raised my voice, getting irritated. She was a pretty girl, constantly with a new boyfriend basically everyday, and was always going out to parties. She didn't have a job, but instead got pocket money from her rich father.

I heard her sniffling on the other end of the line.

"N-No, Lizzy please don't- I didn't mean-" I sighed in frustration and ran a hand through my hair as I heard her burst into tears and hang up the line. She always did that. Everytime we spoke I would have an outburst and yell at her, then she would break out in high pitched sobs and hang up, but it was always fine again the next day or even minute. It was almost as if she was fake crying just to piss me off and believe me it was damn working. I was considering snapping my phone in half as I realised I still had buisness to do. I walked out the front door and jumped in my car, driving to the address I was given. After a while I ended up turning onto a small road in the middle of nowhere. Jesus, where did this kid live? The road went for kilometres, it was so long and bare, the only scenery being fields of grass with not a single tree or animal in sight.