Chapter 23

Ciel's POV

"The trial is concluded. Michael Nickleson I sentance you to 15 years in jail for harrassment, child abuse and murder. Jane Nicklesone I sentance you to 10 years in jail for murdering a child." The judge scowled. Guards and policemen came in to take the two away. Michael kicked and screamed but Jane simply smiled and let them escort her. Trevor sat on the side with his face in his hands.

"We did it." I crouched down and whispered in Alois' ear. He looked up at me a smiled weakly.

"Thank you." He mouthed. The poor thing look exhausted and I couldn't blame him. Half his life had just been explained to him in a few hours, and it wasn't a happy story either.

"Let's get you home." I said quietly, putting my arm around him and trying to get him to stand up but he couldn't. "Alois-" I said, but he was asleep. My expression softened. I felt so bad for him.

I put my hands under his legs and picked him up bridal style. Suprisingly he was lighter than I thought. He was definetly still heavy, but lighter than I expected. I carried him over to the door before I felt as though I was going to collapse. Claude who was apparently next to me (I swear he appears from nowhere) took Alois from my arms and stood beside me as we had a slight glaring war. I did not trust this guy for one minute.

"You did well Ciel Phantomhive." A voice behind me chuckled. I turned around to see none other then Sebastian standing there smiling at me.

"S-Sebastian! You were here?" I asked.

"Of course I was. Anyway, that doesn't matter. I'm here to talk about you." He smiled.

"Oh. Sorry I didn't technically figure it out, Jane just gave herself away. I probably never would have guessed..." I sighed.

"Ciel, stop beating yourself up. I'm here to tell you how amazing you were out there. I have never seen a lawyer that had the ability to argue and outsmart people like you do. You were fantastic out there, and even when I thought there was no way for you to reply, you just bounced back with some remark, which you always had evidence to back up. You were perfect." He grinned.

"R-Really?" I stuttered. "W-Well, thank you Mr Michaelis I-"

"I told you not to call me that." He gave me a warning look. "And you don't need to anymore." He smirked.

"I know, sorry I'm just used to it.." I shrugged.

"You missed what I said didn't you." He chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"You got the job, Ciel." He smiled.

"R-Really!?" I gasped, finding myself smiling uncontrollably. I've dreamt of having a job like this for so many years, and now it's finally happening!! "Thank you so much!! I..." I blabbered, then I noticed Sebastian was staring straight ahead. I smirked and looked in the direction he was looking which was straight a Claude. Claude was looking straight back and they seemed to be blankly staring at eachother.

"Sebastian this is Claude. Claude this is Sebastian." I said, pointing to each person at the appropriate time.

"Charming." Claude said with an almost disgusted sounding tone.

"Same to you." Sebastian said in the same tone, looking at Claude suspiciously. They didn't seem to like one another.

"Anyway Ciel, I'll contact you on Monday to tell you more information okay? Congratulations again." He said, still staring weirdly at Claude. He walked around him and out the door.

"Thank you again!!" I yelled after him. My attention then shot to Claude. "Do you know eachother or something?" I asked.

"No." Claude said in his usual boring tone. I rolled my eyes and we all walked out together, except for Alois since he was being carried.