Chapter 17

Ciel POV

I listened to Alois' story intently, writing down as much as possible. Now it all made sense. I didn't think for a second he was lying to me, after all why would he after everything that's happened?

"Thank you." I smiled, putting my pen down.

"It's not enough to prove me innocent though, so we might as well just give up. Sorry for not being able to get you your big promotion..." Alois sighed, wiping his eyes to get rid of the residing tears still on his face. The whole story had made him really emotional and along with him already being sad beforehand, he was shattered.

"I'll make sure you will get out of this innocent okay." I put my clipboard down and looked at him. "I don't even care about the promotion anymore, I care about you and your rights. You didn't deserve any of this and I'm going to make sure I save you." I said softly, giving him a tight embrace. He was tense, but calmed slightly and hugged me back, crying softly into my shoulder.

---

"Where are we going exactly?" Alois asked, looking out the window of the car. After I had calmed him down I told him there was one more place we had to go.

"You aren't going to like it." I said.

"Aw, I thought we were gunna get ice cream or something." He pouted.

"Well I was planning to do that afterwards so congratulations you spoiled the good half of the suprise." I chuckled.

"Dammit." He laughed. "Well where are..." He trailed off, looking at the area around us. He started to realise where we were going and I heard him gulp. As I stopped the car I looked in his direction and saw he looked very distressed. He was shaking slightly and sweating with a look of pure fear on his face. I put my hand on his shoulder and he froze up.

"I'm really sorry." I said.

"I-I understand." He muttered, nodding. He looked at me and shot me a small smile which I returned before we both got out of the car and walked towards Jane and Michael's old house.

I guided him to the side of the house and helped him through the smashed window with me following. We stood in the lounge room and Alois overlooked the room, still looking scared. He took a deep breath and turned to face me with a confident grin on his face.

"Where should we start?" He asked.

He explained and reinacted step by step what happened. Everything came together and made perfect sense. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to think of any evidence against Jane and Michael. They had set it up pretty well and that was a big problem.

"Can we go get ice cream now?" Alois whined, waiting for me to finish writing notes.

"Yes, we can-" I started but stopped suddenly.

Alois looked at me weirdly. "Wh-"

"Sh." I silenced him, listening closely.

Footsteps.

"Do you hear that?" I whispered.

Alois nodded as the footsteps got closer.

"Fucking teenagers thinking it's cool to interfere." A muffled voice said from outside the door, another person grunting in agreeance as someone seemed to be unlocking the front door.

I frantically motioned for Alois to get out the window but,

"There's no time!" Alois hissed, grabbing my hand and running to another room which was the bathroom. He practically threw me in and ran in, locking the door behind us. We stood near the door listening to what was happening behind it, our hearts pumping with adrenalin. What if we were caught?