Chapter 15

Alois POV

"Sir, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes slowly and looked above me to see Claude hanging over me.

What happened?

That's right, Ciel had accused me of being a murderer like every other human being on Earth that hated me, and I had passed out crying on my bed.

I grabbed a fistfull of Claude's shirt and yanked him towards me, looking him straight in the eyes. "What the fuck did you do?" I growled. "And don't you dare play dumb with me asshole!"

He stared into my eyes for a few seconds before letting out a small smile. This was the first time I had seen him do that, and it scared the shit out of me.

"I simply told him what really happened." He shrugged.

"It doesn't sound like it!" I yelled. "Tell me exactly what you told him!"

"That you're a crazy murderer and you were using him to get you through the trial so you could win and kill him afterwards."

"T-That's a complete lie!!" I yelled, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I know." He said casually.

My hand slowly let go and a few stray tears began to fall down my cheeks. Even my own butler had turned on me. Everyone I had once trusted was either gone, or hated me. I looked up at him, crying.

"W-Why?" I choked.

"The truth is I didn't really want you having a friend because there was a chance that once you died you were going to give your stuff to them-"

"But by the time I die, you'll be dead!!" I cried.

He smirked. "Not nessesarily. Say if something were to happen to you and you got sick..." He trailed off. I stared at him with wide eyes full of terror.

"Y-You were going to poison me?" I gulped.

"Not yet, but yes, eventually I was." He sighed, examining his nails causally as he spoke. "Anyway, allow me to finish. I couldn't risk you having a friend because of that, and a young girl named Lizzy told me she didn't want you to take Ciel away from her, so she was in on it too. I just did all the work." He looked at me lazily.

"How do you know Lizzy?" I asked, still frozen in fear.

"She contacted me one day, I'm not sure how, but she inspired me to plan this."

I couldn't believe this. Everyone I knew, loved, trusted; every single one of them was against me, wanted me dead, hated my guts. Why? I don't understand, and I never will. What did I ever do to them?

I broke down, letting out a strangled sob before running past Claude and down the stairs. I needed to get out of here. I ran out the front door and just kept running, not even sure where to go.

Lizzy hated me.

Claude hated me.

Ciel hated me.

But... Ciel was the one I had truly trusted the most, and he would be there for me in a time like this right? He was cold, but wasn't heartless.

Or at least that's what I thought. The world is full of decieving people...

It's not like I had much of a choice anyway, I didn't know where Lizzy lived and I didn't know her well and I couldn't stay home because Claude was there, and he was out to kill me!

I ran towards Ciel's house, wiping at my eyes and crying to myself the whole way.

---

Ciel POV