Chapter 20 (court pt 1)

so this is going to be kind of based on Class Trials from Dangan Ronpa since i dont know how an official trial works and shit so yea pls just go with it ty

also pls dont correct me if i write jail (not that anyone has) i know its spelled gaol but i dont care i write jail cuz it seems more natural sorry

AND NOW THE LONG AWAITED COURT SCENE COMMENCES:

---

Ciel's POV

"Begin."

"This case starts with Alois Trancy, a young man aged twenty two accused of setting Jane and Michael Nickleson's house on fire before raping and killing their seven year old son Toby Nickleson. Trevor, your statement." The judge read out before addressing the Nickleson's lawyer Trevor to speak.

Trevor stood up and cleared his throat, looking at the paper infront of him. "Alois Trancy is a sick man. The evidence shows that as a child, he and his younger brother Luca were neglected by their father-"

"THAT'S NOT-" Alois stood up filled with rage and sadness. That wasn't true at all and he didn't want it being said if it were lies. I knew Alois, and he wasn't going to stand for this.

But neither was the judge.

"SILENCE. SIT DOWN." The judge boomed and gave Alois a dirty look. I sneakily took his hand and gently pulled him down. He sat down slowly and looked down as I rubbed his hand comfortingly, trying to calm him down and soothe him. I knew Alois was going through a rough time and I wanted to help him as much as possible.

"...As I was saying," Trevor gave Alois a disgusted look which I returned with a glare. "They were neglected, only having eachother for company until one day an unexpected fire killed Alois' brother. Since then the boy has blamed the situation on his neighbours, Jane and Michael for no reason and has been out to get them for years. The victims say he was acting strangely and was smiling almost manically everytime he saw them for at least a week before the accident, and are shocked he would be so brutal towards a boy so young. I am utterly disgusted but I guess it's not really my position to say anything." He wrinkled up his nose. Jane and Micheal looked as if they were smiling. Assholes.

"Thank you, Trevor." The judge said. "Now Ciel, please stand and give your statement."

I gave Alois an assuring look before taking a breath, letting go of his hand and standing up. I shuffled the papers infront of me and cleared my throat.

"I have done constant research into this topic and admittantly was a bit unsure on this myself, but now I have revealed the truth, and I can confidently say Alois Trancy is not guilty of these crimes at all!"

"And how exactly can you explain that?" Trevor stood up and smirked.

"I have all the evidence I need right here." I growled. I hated this guy already. Cocky bastard. "That night Alois was simply walking by the house on his daily midnight stroll when he saw the house on fire. He immediately rushed up to the house and looked in the window. When he looked in, he saw Toby Nickleson running around terrified, already not wearing pants as he slept without them."

He scoffed. "How exactly would you know he slept without them?"

"With police permission I was able to investigate the house for myself. The fire hadn't yet reached Toby's chest of drawers which when I checked were still full. I looked through them and noticed the boy had pyjama tops but had no bottoms. I checked through the rubble, the master bedroom, the spare rooms and everywhere else, there were no pants anywhere, meaning the boy must not sleep with them."