Episode 12: Sweater Luck Next Time

In Inkwell's Underworld, the Devil is sitting on his throne, still frustrated that he couldn't capture Cuphead and Red Rose's souls due to the invisibility sweaters they're wearing. He just keeps taking deep breaths with a scowl look on his face as he sits on his throne and looks like he's about ready to explode.

Just then, the purple henchman flies over with a piece of cake, "Uh, hey, boss, want some leftover congratulations cake?"

But quickly notices the scowl expression on the Devil's face, Uh, you look mad for somebody who just got that cup and that girl's soul. Congratulations, by the way.

The Devil roars at him with anger and admits expressing his frustration, "I didn't actually get their souls yet, okay? I just said that to buy myself some time before Stickler finds out. I hate that guy." and deeply frowns in anger.

Just then, the henchman says, "Oh! I know what'd make you feel better, boss. The Obliterator!"

The Devil becomes confused until the henchman pulls out a newspaper that reads 'Inkwell Blotter' 'New!' 'The "Obliterator"' and 'So fast it'll tear your clothes off!

"It's a new ride down at the Inkwell Pier. They say it goes so fast, it'll tear the clothes right off of you," The Henchman happily says.

But the Devil says not amused, "The only thing that'll make me feel better is getting those brats' souls. They gotta take those sweaters off sometime."

Sometime later, in the woods of the cottage.

Mugman says to Cuphead and Red Rose, "You're wearing those sweaters forever!"

"But-" Cuphead says.

"No buts, Cuphead. This is basically for our own good," Red Rose says.

"She's right. Those sweaters are the only way the Devil can't get your souls. You can never take it off! Ever!" Mugman says.

"Eh. I ain't too worried about it," Cuphead says, as he walks away.

Red Rose walks up to Cuphead and says, "We should definitely worry. The Devil isn't going to give up until he gets our souls. He can pop out any minute."

Right on cue, the Devil appears in front of them, causing Cuphead and Red Rose to scream.

"Your souls are mine!" The Devil announces and reaches his hands towards them.

However, he ends up getting an electric shock from the sweaters, and is able to move his hands away.

Mugman says, "They're never taking that sweater off!"

"Yeah," Cuphead says.

"So just give up," Red Rose adds.

But the Devil angrily says, "Never!"

Then disappears in a puff of smoke.

Cuphead simply laughs it off with a smile.

One day, Cuphead, Mugman and Red Rose are at the beach, and Mugman is buried up to his hand in sand.

Suddenly, the Devil appears and shouts, "Give it to me!"

But he ends up getting zapped by the sweater when he tries to reach Cuphead. Then leaves in defeat.

Another time is when the three friends are walking back from Porkrind's wagon with some supplies.

The Devil suddenly appears and says, "Hand it over!"

And reaches his hand towards Red Rose, but again, he gets zapped.

Another time is when the three are playing, Mugman is spraying the two with the hose as they run. The three are having fun