Episode 29: Piano Lessons

Mugman's Fantasy:

Mugman is playing the piano as he is dressed in a black suit and has a wig on his head. He is playing the song called 'Chopin's "Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2'. He plays the piano elegantly and with his eyes closed. When he finishes, everyone applauds and cheers. Mugman climbs off his seat and takes a bow as roses are thrown on stage. Mugman takes a rose and gives it a good sniff. Mugman is about to shed tears of joy, until he receives a lick. And everyone begins laughing. Mugman turns to see the piano is panting as its tongue is sticking out. Then continues to lick Mugnan as the audience laughs, much to Mugman's dismay.

End Fantasy:

Mugman wakes up from his fantasy to see the goat is licking him as he lies on the hammock.

He says in disgust, "Blech! Ugh! Get off of me, you stupid goat!" And tosses the plate of his leftover meal away.

The goat bleats and chases after the leftovers. Cuphead is holding a bucket of crustacean.

He jumps on the "You were having that piano dream again, weren't you?" Then he places a piece of wheat in his mouth.

"Yeah," Mugman answers, "Probably just excited for my next lesson with the great Ludwig!"

"Oh, that guy? Mr. Snooty Face," Cuphead says, and sounds annoyed.

"No. Ludwig is a brilliant musical mind, and he's inspiring me to appreciate the finer things, like music, culture, and lobster," Mugman says.

And falls off the hammock with a yelp, "Whoa!"

"Eh, who needs lobster when there's free crawdads down at the crick?" Cuphead says, and takes his leave with the bucket of crawdad.

Mugman stands up and says, "You can keep your crawdads, and your crick!"

"And you can keep your snooty piano instructor. You know he doesn't even say your name right," Cuphead says.

Suddenly, they hear honking sounds of 'Beethoven's "5th Symphony'

Mugman gasps and grows excited. Then, a large limo drives over, and it is very long. Then stepping out of the car is a tall man wearing a suit, has a gramophone for a head, and it's playing classical music. He then taps his nose to turn off the music and brings out his opera glasses.

"Eh, I got crawdads to catch. Have fun tickling the ivories, you weirdos," Cuphead says and walks away to catch more Crawdads at the crick.

Mugman then turns to his teacher, "Good morning, Ludwig!"

"Yes, good morning, Moog Maan. What a lovely day is any day I get to see my favorite student, Moog Maan," Ludwig says, and walks towards the house.

"Yep. That's my name!" Mugman says.

Cuphead calls out from a distance, "No, it's not!"

"Shh!" Mugman shushes.

Then Mugman rushes to the cottage as he calls out, "Uh, Ludwig, I was wondering-"

But Ludwig interrupts him, ""A moment, Moog Maan! I must remove my driving gloves." And removes his gloves, "You were saying?" and walks away,

"Oh! I just remembered-" Mugman says.

But Ludwig interrupts him again, "A moment, Moog Maan! I must put on my non-driving gloves."

He then puts on his other gloves.

And says, "There. Now, you were saying?"

"Oh, eh... Uh... I was wondering, uh..." Mugman says, but realizes, "I forgot."