Episode 43: Holiday Tree-dition

One snowy day in the Inkwell Isles, it's Christmas time, and everyone is very excited to celebrate with families, friends, and perform their special traditions and have a happy holiday. At Elder Kettle's cottage is no different, it's very Christmasy there. Decorated with Christmas decorations as it snows outside.

Elder Kettle is sitting on the couch holding his pipe and begins to sing a cheery Christmas song.

Elder Kettle:

When I think of Christmastime This is what I know

It's all about tradition Stockings, gifts, and snow

But nothing else says Christmas So very clear to me

It just quite isn't Christmas

And soon, Elder Kettle becomes cheery as he holds an axe and presents a spot for the tree.

Elder Kettle:

Without a big ol' Christmas tree

And then, Elder Kettle, Cuphead, and Mugman walk out wearing their winter clothes, and continue singing.

Elder Kettle, Cuphead, and Mugman:

O Christmas tree, Christmas tree

Shining oh so bright

Mugman:

Plug you in and watch you glow

Cuphead:

Adorned with colored lights

Elder Kettle continues singing as the boys circle around with glee.

Elder Kettle:

O Christmas tree, Christmas tree

Cuphead and Mugman:

Ho-ho!

Elder Kettle:

We shout it out with glee

Cuphead and Mugman:

Hee-hee

Elder Kettle, Cuphead, and Mugman:

It just quite isn't Christmas Without a big ol' Christmas tree

As the boys walk down the path, Elder Kettle begins walking backwards until he is back in the cottage.

Elder Kettle:

Whoo!

And slams the door closed.

Hearing the door slam, the boys rush to the door and start banging as they shout, "Hey! Hey!"

Elder Kettle opens the door.

Soon, Elder Kettle opens the door, "Yes, boys?"

Confused, Mugman asks, "Elder Kettle, aren't you coming?"

"No, boys. No, I'm not," Elder Kettle answers, "I've done the tree all these years, but now keeping the tradition alive is up to you."

The boys gasp in surprise.

Then Elder Kettle says, "You two head down to Porkrind's and pick out a tree." And hands Muman the money.

He then sternly says, "He'll ask for ten, but don't offer more than five. Given half a chance, old Porkbutt will take you for all you've got." And takes the dollar away.