Episode 53: Mis-Adventures in the Forest Part 1

In the Inkwell Underworld, the Devil is looking at his magic mirror to see Cuphead, Mugman, Red Rose, and Chalice are playing in the woods. Cuphead kicks the ball and it begins bouncing and rolling down the path of the woods as the four friends laugh and chase after the ball.

"Come on guys, the ball is getting away," Red Rose says.

Chalice runs after it, "Don't worry, I got it."

Chalice then transforms into a ghost and flies after the ball.

"Hey! No using your ghost powers!" Cuphead says.

"It's faster this way," Chalice says as she flies over and catches the ball.

"Wait up!" Mugman calls out, and hurries from behind.

Soon, the group stops as Chalice changes back to her living form and lands on the ground.

"That was a fun game," Red Rose says.

"Yeah. How about we all go exploring in the woods to find some real fun," Chalice says.

"Sounds good to me," Red Rose says.

"Yeah. We love fun," Cuphead says.

"Sure," Mugman says.

"Last one there's a rotten egg," Chalice says.

With that, the four friends begin running down the path laughing and having a lot of fun. Watching the kids run off, the Devil can see how close Chalice is with Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose.

"Hmm, I didn't expect Chalice to become friends with the cups and that girl," The Devil says.

Henchman walks over and says, "Wow. Seems that the four friends are really close. They look like they're having fun together."

"I can see that. I have to wonder how close those four are," The Devil says.

He then narrows his eyes, "If I can know how close they are, I might be able to use that to get the cup and the girl's souls."

"Are you sure about that?" Henchman asks.

The Devil turns to Henchman, "And what does that mean?"

"Well, for one: Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose have been able to escape from you a few times, and if Ms. Chalice sees you, she might know about the 'you know' for later on," Henchman says.

"Yes yes, but as long as I can use that against that girl and those two cups, I'll be able to claim their souls," The Devil says.

"How are you going to do that?" Henchman asks.

"I may know just the thing," The Devil says, and shows an evil grin on his face.

Somewhere in the woods, the four friends continue to have fun, playing together. The ball bounces against the trees and down the path as the four kids chase after it.

"There's the ball!" Chalice calls out.

"Don't let it get away!" Mugman calls out.

The group continues to chase the ball as it bounces on the stones as it goes across the river. Soon, the group begins to chase after the ball. Chalice hops on the stones first, followed by Mugman, Red Rose, and finally Cuphead. Unknown to the group, the Devil secretly spies on the group from a fair.

"There's the cups and the little rose," The Devil says.

He snickers with an evil grin and says, "Now to have a little fun."

The Devil then dives into the water and begins a transformation upon impact. Back at the river, Red Rose hops on one of the stones as she crosses the river with laughter. Red Rose turns around and is in shock.