Episode 51: How to Help Romance Bloom Part 2

In the city of Inkwell, Cuphead and Red Rose are walking down the sidewalk as they hold each other's hand.

"So Cuphead, what's the plan?" Red Rose asks.

"I was thinking we can go out for some lunch at a restaurant and go to the Inkwell Pier to play some games and go on rides," Cuphead answers.

"That sounds like fun," Red Rose says.

"Yeah. I heard they got the Ferris wheel fixed so we can ride it," Cuphead says.

"That will be nice," Red Rose says.

"Great. Now then, I know a great place to have some lunch. I just know you're going to love it," Cuphead says.

Cuphead and Red Rose continue to walk down the sidewalk together. Unknown to the two, Mugman peeks out from behind the mailbox and sees Cuphead and Red Rose walking together.

Mugman happily sighs, "Ain't that so sweet. My brother is already taking Red Rose out."

Then shakes his head, "Calm down Mugman, you're just going to keep an eye on them and make sure their time together goes well. And assist Cuphead when needed."

"Needed for what?" A familiar voice speaks up.

Mugman turns his head to see Ms. Chalice in her ghost form.

"Oh, hi Chalice. What brings you here?" Mugman says.

"Eh, been floating around. And I notice you hiding behind a mailbox," Chalice answers.

Then asks, "Whatcha up to?"

"Well, I'm going to secretly help Cuphead," Mugman answers.

"With that?" Chalice asks.

Mugman lifts his finger and points forward, and Chalice turns her head to see what he's pointing at. Chalice sees Cuphead and Red Rose walking together as they hold each other's hands.

Chalice soon grasps on what's going on, "Well well, looks like Cuphead has finally decided to ask Red Rose out, and it's just going to be the two of them."

"Um yeah. I want to help Cuphead with time with Red Rose, but I feel like I'm kind of meddling," Mugman says.

"Eh don't worry, you're just going to give Cuphead a hand if he needs help," Chalice says.

She snaps her fingers with a smile, "Tell you what, I can tag along with you. That way we can keep an eye on the two love birds and maybe also set the mood for them."

"Great," Mugman says, happily, "But remember, we can't step in unless it's needed, and we can't let Cuphead and Red Rose know we're keeping an eye on them."

"Got it," Chalice says and winks her eyes.

Then Chalice changes into her physical form, "Now come on, we don't wanna lose them."

Chalice and Mugman then hurry to catch up with their friends.

Moments later, Cuphead and Red Rose arrive at a restaurant. It's the same restaurant they went to during the Devil's Pitchfork fiasco, but they're able to walk inside without any problems. Inside the restaurant, Cuphead and Red Rose are sitting at a table having some spaghetti and meatballs together. At another table, Mugman and Chalice cover their faces with the menus hiding from the two friends and decide what they're going to eat.

Mugman takes a peek and says, "So far so good."

"Yeah. Seems that their little date is working like a charm," Chalice says.

Mugman and Chalice continue to watch to see Cuphead and Red Rose are still having their lunch. When they reach for the final piece of french bread, they end up touching each other's hand by mistake. They soon realize it and pull their hands back.