Episode 40: The Scepter of Sweets

One bright and sunny day in Sugar Land, Red Rose is in her bedroom as she polishes the scepter. She rubs the crystal with a towel until it shines and sparkles. Red Rose observes the scepter once she's done and makes sure it isn't dirty.

Satisfied, Red Rose nods her head and says, "There. The scepter looks great."

Just then, the bedroom door opens and comes in Cuphead, Mugman, and Ms. Chalice.

"Hi Red Rose!" Cuphead and Mugman happily say.

"Hey! How's our favorite little sailor?!" Chalice asks with a smile.

"Hey guys. I'm doing well. I'm just giving my scepter a little polishing," Red Rose says.

"Scepter huh," Chalice replies.

And walks to see the scepter, "That's a mighty fine scepter you got there."

"Yeah. Red Rose found it in the middle of Soda Pop Falls," Mugman says.

"That's right, and I've been taking good care of it," Red Rose says.

Cuphead sits on the bed, "It's cool that you got a scepter. It kind of makes you the ruler of Sugarland."

"I don't know about that," Red Rose says.

"Well, your mom has been living and ruling Sugarland for a long time. Since your mom is the Baroness, I guess you are kind of a baroness yourself," Mugman says.

"I think princess has a better ring to it," Chalice says.

Red Rose laughs, "Alright guys, enough with the royal stuff. Is there a reason why you guys decide to come over?"

"Just want to hang out with you and see if there's any places in Sugar Land for us to explore, and we also want to show Chalice the place too," Cuphead says.

"That's right, you haven't been here yet, haven't you," Red Rose says to Chalice.

"Correct, and the boys want to show me your place," Chalice says, and sits on Red Rose's bed.

Then looks at Red Rose's room, "And I do say, this is a dandy room you got."

"Thanks," Red Rose says.

Cuphead then asks, "So Red Rose, what are you going to do with that scepter anyway?"

"I'm not sure. I don't even know if this scepter is anything too special," Red Rose says, looking at the gem.

"Can you cast magic with it? That's what scepters are for. At least for wizards or witches," Cuphead wonders.

"I don't know. What am I supposed to ask it to do, glow or shine like a light," Red Rose answers.

Suddenly, she notices an odd glow coming from it.

"Huh?" Red Rose says, confused.

"What is it?" Cuphead asks.

"I could have sworn..." Red Rose answers.

She then raises the scepter up and says, "Glow..."

So far, nothing happens.

Then Red Rose says, "Shine..."

And suddenly, the scepter begins to shine a bright light. Red Rose and the others gasp in surprise to see the scepter begins to shine a bright light. Then the shining light disappears. Everyone remains silent and are still surprised by what happened.

"Your scepter... It actually shines..." Chalice says, surprised.

Cuphead smiles and shouts in excitement, "Neat!"