Chapter Twenty

It's been a week since the boys left without a word.

They told their parents of course, they just didn't let anyone at school know. They could have told us at least. We were friends. And if they didn't want anyone to know, we wouldn't have told anyone.

It was so annoying.

The rest of the holidays passed by so fast with me moody most of the time and refusing to leave my room.

My mom didn't even know I was suffering because she's so busy with her work and I didn't complain.

At least I had Soojin.

But she was also hurting as much as I was. She's the type of person who cares so much about friendship and loyalty.

To see how the boys just suddenly left without a word, to find out how long they've been planning all of this without letting us know is so sad.

Maybe they didn't consider us friends anyways.

|

School resumed two weeks into the new year. During the morning announcement, the principal announced that the boys were going to become an idol group and bring honour to the school.

A lot of the students cheered but it only made Soojin, Jukyung and I more sad and angry that the school board knew about it all along.

"Seriously, if I ever meet them, I'll break their heads." Jukyung threatened.

I forced a smile while Soojin just stared into nothing.

I frowned as I looked at her. She really liked Seokjin. It was the first time she liked someone and the person liked her back. Only for him to leave without saying anything.

"But sincerely, I feel hurt." Jukyung said. "You both liked someone and didn't even let me know. I feel like it's just you two and not me at all."

"Jukyung, I'm sorry." Soojin said. "We're sorry."

"It's okay."

|

"Happy birthday, Hyojin." My mom said as soon as I opened my eyes.

"Mom." I smiled getting up from the bed. "You stayed for me?"

"Yes." she smiled. "It's your first birthday without Hoseok. I want to make sure you have so much fun like you have always had."

I smiled at her gestures. "Thank you mom."

We dressed up and was ready to go to the movies when Hoseok's sister, Jiwoo walked in holding a big box and a small bag.

She bowed to greet my mom while I bowed a little to greet her.

"What brings you here sweetie?" my mom asked.

"Hoseok asked me to drop something off for her." she smiled. "Happy birthday, Jin."

She handed me the box and the bag and left.

I was speechless.

The relationship between the two families had deteriorated ever since Hoseok left. I stopped visiting them and his mom and sister stopped coming over.

My mom collected the box from me and opened it.

"It's a cake." she said looking at me.

"Throw it out." I said walking out of the house.

I went into the car to wait for my mom when I noticed the bag Jiwoo gave to me was still in my hands. I opened it slowly.

In it was the camera that we used a lot when he was still around, a lot of the pictures we took with the camera and his hoodie.