Chapter Thirty Five

I was currently running from Soojin who is threatening to hit me with the bag in her hand.

"Come here, you sneaky hypocrite!" She yelled after me as I ran up the stairs into my room.

Just as I'm about to close the door and lock it, her feet stopped the door from closing and she eventually managed to shove me aside and pounced on me.

"Soojin, please." I laughed as I struggled to get out from underneath her.

"You fucking slept with Yoongi!" She yelled. "After giving me a lecture about sleeping with Jin!"

I laughed nervously. "I can explain."

She got off me, straightened up and dusted her skirt. "I'm listening."

"Huh?" That's it?" I laughed as I got up. "Oh okay."

She folded her arms as she watched me sit on my bed.

"So," I started. "It was like a thing of the moment. Only that ours was filled with affection and y'know, love?"

She doesn't say anything. She only comes to sit beside me.

"Do you still love him?" She asked as she draped her hand over my shoulder.

"I do." I answered honestly biting my lower lip. "I just don't know if it can work between us."

"Do you want to do relationship?" She asked.

"I don't know." I scratched my neck.

"Personally, I think that it can't work out too because he's an idol and he's not allowed to have a girlfriend and even if he does, it's going to be hard because he's not going to be around all the time." She said to me sincerely. "Communicating will be a bit of a problem."

I sighed.

"But has he talked to you about relationship?"

"Not really. He only told me he didn't want to lose me yadda yadda," I said and she grinned. "He kind of whispered 'you're mine' into my ears last night."

She squealed. "I can imagine it." I laughed.

"You can still give it a try with him. You guys should talk about it." Soojin said as she got up from the bed. "Felix will be back from school soon. Let me prepare lunch for him."

"Oh thanks. I'm going to see Hobi." I announced.

She turned to me with a raised brow. "I still stand with HyoSeok!" She yelled. "Forever HyoSeok!"

I laughed at her and she finally leaves my room. She's still shipping me with Hoseok even after many years.

|

Hoseok's POV

I got up from the chair I sat in and jogged to open the door for Hyojin. I had invited her over and would be confessing my love for her before Yoongi gets the chance to do so.

"Hey." She hugged me briefly.

I stepped aside for her to come into my house. She sat on the couch and I joined her.

"Why did you ask me to come?" She asked.

"Why? You have a problem with coming to my house? Since when?" I teased.

"Since you left." She eyed me and I rolled my eyes.

"Can't you just forget about that?" I laughed and she shook her head. "I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay fine." She smiled. "Do you have food? I'm hungry."

"Want to make something?" I asked.

"Not really." She said.

"Order?" I suggested.

"Yeah sure." She gave a thumbs up.

|
Hyojin's POV

After a while, the food was delivered and Hobi and I were in his room.

We were casually watching tv seated side by side and talking when all of a sudden, he pulled me by my neck when I wasn't concentrating and kissed me.

I was tempted to kiss him back because of the way he tasted and the way he kissed me like he was trying to savor the moment.

"Hoseok what are you doing?" I asked as I came to my senses and pushed him off me.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! It just... I just.. I'm sorry!" He apologized.

"Hoseok.."

"I'm sorry. I love you. I should have... oh god, I'm sorry."

"You love me?"

Silence.

Dead silence.

More dead silence.

"Hoseok." I called.

He looked at me for a split second before looking away.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead as he buried his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry. It was a mistake and-"

"Hobi." I called him again. "It wasn't a mistake. Do you have anything to say to me?"

He sighed and finally looked up at me. "I'm sorry."

"Stop with the damn apology! You just kissed me! And you said you love me! What's going on?"

"Are you mad?" He asked, worry laced in his tone.

I sighed. "No I'm not! I just want to know what's going on."

I rubbed my temple before scooting closer to him. "I'm not mad at you. I just want to know the reason behind you kissing me. I mean it's all so sudden and then now you're telling me you love me. What's going on?" I asked a little bit calmer.

He sighed. "I- uhm I have liked you for a long time now. Since we were kids. For a very long time now."

"Hob-"

"I didn't say anything then because you made me promise I wouldn't fall in love with you. You were so hell bent on not falling in love with me because I am your best friend. You wanted to prove people wrong and so I concealed my love for you." He explained.

"And then Yoongi hyung came along and you seemed to like him a lot so I just had to back out but now that things have turned out this way, I don't know." He further explained.

"Hoseok... I'm so sorry. I didn't know that's how you felt about me."

"No I'm the one who should apologize. I kissed you without your permission and it was very wrong for me to do so." He apologized.

I didn't know what else to say because I couldn't process what was happening.

Hoseok loved me.

My best friend loves me. In a romantic way.

How was I to react.

I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had and are trying to fix.

"Hyojin-ah..." he called.

I looked up at him, looking at him through my eyelashes.

"I stand by my word. I love you. And if you're willing to give me a chance, then let's work towards us."

Hi.

Bye.