Missed Call

This moment was the moment I'll treasure forever in my heart. Just to think, my life was utterly boring. I was nothing but a coloring book with no colors, just an uncolored page. I only focused on my studies and have little talks with Jake and of course, Liz. But then, I met Harry. He flipped my world upside down; he showed me the "rope to life". I felt so free and alive. A whole new Mackenzie was bloomed inside of me. My life had changed in less then a year...there's no going back now...
I was so into my thoughts that I haven't really focus on anything. I then heard a raspy whisper, "Come Babe. Lets go back to our room and watch movies for the rest of the day, yeah?" Even though I haven't answer, he carried me up to our room, attracting a lot of eyes staring at us. He threw me onto the bed making me giggle while watching Harry find a movie. I observed every features he posses. His left dimple, his toned body, his massive biceps, his V-line, his curls sticking out everywhere, his cheeky smile. Just observing his body put me in a trance. How is it that I'm his girlfriend? "Want to watch the exorcist?" Harry cheekily smiled. I nod, gesturing him to come lay in bed with me.

***

"NO! Too scary Mackenzie! Why did you choose this movie?! Oh my god. No. Don't go in the room! AHHH!!" Harry cried. I couldn't help it but laugh at how cute Harry is whenever he's scared. "Harry! Chill, it's not that scary!" His face was nuzzled onto my neck. I felt his puffy lips on my bare neck, his hot breath breathing onto me. "It's over Harry. The scary part is over." He finally looked up, clearing his voice. "Er yeah. Well, it wasn't SO scary. I was just acting." I rolled my eyes while laughing. It was already midnight and Harry had passed out sleeping on my lap. We finished watching "The Exorcist" and began watching UP. Sadly, Harry passed out while watching 10 minutes of it. Tiny snores escaped his puffy lips. I stroke his hair and sweetly peck a kiss on his cheek. I soon passed out sleeping.

I woke up to the sound of Harry's ringtone. I rolled over to see it was only 5 in the morning. Who would be calling Harry at this time? I checked the phone to see his mom calling. I didn't know what to do. Panic struck me. I was paralyzed for a moment and kept still, having trouble whether to pick up the phone or not. The phone was soon dead silent.

***

I felt somebody stroking my hair, playing strands of it. My eyes fluttered open to see the sunlight beaming on me. I turned to my other side to see Harry's dimple face. "Morning Beautiful." his morning voice is music to my ears. His large hands cupped my face, leaned towards me, giving me a passionate kiss. All of a sudden, I thought about the call last night. I stopped and stared into Harry's emerald orbs. "Harry...um. Your mom called you last night..." he scoffs when he heard the word 'mom'. I gave him a unsure look, not knowing about his dark past. "I'll call her...later." he looked away. My eyes were still contact with his face. "Harry, I think it’s best if you'd call her." Harry turned to face me again. I took his phone off of the cabinet and gently gave it to Harry. I gave him a reassuring look, hoping that he'll call her. Harry slowly dialed in his mom's number, his thumb centimeters away from touching the call button. He stayed like that for a while, giving second thoughts about this. I pulled his chin up, "Harry, please do it. For me." his eyes were in terror. Finally, he had touch the call button and slowly put his phone next to his ear.

Harry's POV:

I never really made contact with my family for the past 5 years. Why? Because of what they did to Gemma. For the past 5 years, I've been thinking about Gemma, not forgiving my parents for what they had done to her. Death came looking for her. Gemma wasn't ready to die; she had a life to live but never lived the fullest. 
I slowly put the phone next to my ear, all I could hear is the sound of ringing. I then heard a woman's voice. Her voice was shaky like if she had cried. "H-Hello?" I stuttered, trying to forget about what they had done to her.

"Harry? Harry...we need to talk."

"If it's about Gemma's death then I don't want to talk about it."

"Harry, we're really sorry. We never meant to do that to Gemma."

I rolled my eyes, giving out a small scoff. I looked at Mackenzie, observing her face. She was absolutely stunning with the light beaming onto her.

"Alright, what do you want then?"

"Harry...your dad...died."