Lost

We made eye contact. He was staring at me as I stared back at him. But he was staring right through me. He didn't care that I was here. He didn't come over to embrace me with a hug, nor took his arms around that girl. His arm was still wrapped around her restlessly. He broke the contact and continued talking to his new friends. My heart broke to tiny pieces, containing our sweetest memories. All of that was thrown away like it was no big deal. The bitter tears were pouring down my cheeks as I choke a bit. I ran out of the bar, catching a million of eyes staring at me. I didn't know where I was going. Wherever my foot takes me, I'll be fine. As long as I don’t see Harry.

*** 

I sat on a lonely bench as the sun was setting. I was still crying hard. I can't stop crying, it just comes out as my heart was tearing itself apart. It felt like I was being killed slowly. I have received over a hundred of texts and missed calls from the group, but I turn all of that down. My phone was lying down next to me, lifeless. I stared the blurry sunset as it reminded me a lot of when he gave this ring. This ring that has no meaning no more. I roughly took the ring off and threw it with all of my might. Who knows where it'll land; I couldn't careless about that piece of shit. I then thought of those times. The times where we laughed cuddle in each other's arms, saying I love you to each other, having our hands entwined. This is just too much for me to bear. My fragile hands covered my face as the pond of tears was being made in my cupped hands. I continued to sob when I felt a strong hand patting my back. I turned around to see Niall. "Everything alright Mackenzie?" I choked when he asked me if everything is all right. Does he not see me pouring my eyes out? "Niall, can you not see? Look at these tears stain look at my eyes. How can you just ask me if everything is alright!” My voice was getting angrier. "Woah, chill Mackenzie." I was so frustrated; I just want to rip my hair off. "I'm just-" my sentence was broke off by the sweet, soothing sound of Niall's voice. "I know what happened Mackenzie...I saw everything. It's okay. We've all been through breakups. But we'll eventually get over them." I stared at the ground as I listen to what he had to say, "I know Harry isn't like that. He loves you. Promise. But I don't know what had gotten into him lately." I got my shit back together and stared directly into his eyes, "How does it feel? To have a broken heart? A broken heart that is in deep pain? All those sweet memories, just thrown away like it was no big deal? Is this how it feels? To end up feeling like a worthless, lifeless human being? To see someone you deeply love, loving somebody else when they said they’d always be yours forever? Using the word 'forever' like if it’s only a year?" He stayed quiet, having nothing to say. I turned to face the sun going down and the moon rising above. Just then my chin was turned out of the blue. Niall looked deeply into my eyes. The moon reflected off of his oceanic eyes. His quickly leaned down, giving me a passionate kiss. It felt like I forgot about my surroundings. I felt like I forgot all of the pain that I have obtained. We let go, gasping for air. "I had to do it. At least one time." His voice trailed off, staring hard at the ground. We stayed silent for a moment until Louis came, attacking me with a hug. "Mackenzie! Are you stupid!? Why haven't you've been replying back to my texts!? You have gotten us so worried! What the hell Mackenzie?!" He was so angry but that didn't stop him to give me another hug. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

*** 

We got back to our hotel room. I stayed in my room, lying down. Thinking about Harry. Those 11 months of happiness were like a movie film. I could just replay it through my head over and over again. I jolted up from a knock. "Mackenzie...open the door please. We need to talk." It was Louis. I ignored his plead but I soon gave up from the banging sound of my door. "Mackenzie. I heard what happened." I looked outside, my ears wide opened to hear him. "I'm fully sure that Harry is not like that. He's a good guy. His dad died so he's trying to save the company. Just give him a moment to think. Thought I should tell you...Good Night Mackenzie..." Before Louis left, I turned to face him. "Good night Louis. I love you big bro."

Louis' POV:

I know him way better than that. He brags how much he's deeply in love with her but what happened now? He threw the love away like it was no big deal. Yeah, I know he's having trouble lately by the thought that his father died but why did he forget about Kayle and find another girl? As I stomped my foot to my room, I sat down. My head resting on my large hands, thinking hard. Styles, you'll regret what you have done to my little sis.