Explanation

My body became stiff. I didn't know whether to run or stand there and cry. They stood like that for such a long time; I couldn't bear to see it any longer. "M-Mackenzie?" Ana ask, knowing what I am looking at. I turn around and quickly ran though the crowd, leaving Ana behind.

Ana's POV:

I felt hurt. Hurt from what I did to Mackenzie. My boss, Taylor, planned all this out. I declined the plan because I knew it'll ruin Harry and Mackenzie's relationship but Taylor has no heart to think about it and forced me to do this. I turn towards Taylor who gave me a satisfying smile and turn around to be with Harry again.

I regret doing this plan. I didn't know Mackenzie that well but I manipulated her. All she wanted was to be my friend. We became so close that I felt like she was my best friend even though she's my only friend. What have I done to our friendship?

Mackenzie's POV:

I slept by myself all night, sniffling and crying my eyes out. Wet stains were left on my pillow and I constantly scream in my pillow. I want to feel his warmth again. His strong, bare arms wrapped around me and his husky voice seduces my ear. I didn't kick him out of my room or anything but he's not even home nor is Taylor. I thought everything was perfect. Me and Harry were together but then there's always that one person who intrudes my relationship. For once, I was happy. My life was at ease when Harry came in. I thought my life would be twice the hell but he's an angle sent from above to make my life better.

My door creaked open and my eyes were quickly sealed shut. A single tear slightly rolls down my burning cheeks. "Mackenzie?"

Ignored.

"Are you awake baby?" Harry nibbles onto my ear. I heard a deep loud sigh and felt the bed shuffling. Turning around, I see Harry sleeping peacefully. I wonder how his night goes.

***

The rest of the week, I completely ignored Harry and everybody else in the house except Eleanor. A gentle knock was made on my door, "Come in." Scanning the words on my book, I didn't bother to look up. "We need to talk Mackenzie." It was a girl voice. Definitely not Taylor's but Ana's. I gently place the book on my bed stand and look up to see Ana tearing up. "Yes?" Feeling like a jerk, I couldn't careless about her feelings. "I can't stand this guilt anymore. I have to tell you." I look over Ana's shoulder and stare at her like a cold ghost. "Listen Mackenzie, on the very day when we met each other, it was the best day ever. I never made any friends but then you never learned my past so you became my friend. That carnival thing was a set up, by my boss. Obviously, she wants you two to be over and when she wants something, she gets it. I didn't want to do the plan; in fact I don't even want to work for her anymore! I only became her servant because I was a huge Swiftie. Now I saw her true identity and little do I like it. Please accept my apology!" Ana begs while choking on her words. I didn't want to but then she went on her knees and grabs my hands, crying onto it. "Please." Ana whispers quietly and continued snifling. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever Ana." I roughly pull my hand away and stare hard at the ground. "Please Mackenzie. I want to help you; I want you and Harry back together. Please Mackznnie, let me help you." I gave her a glance with cautious eyes. 

"What's the plan?"