Real Conviction

(Back again, excited for this one and what I'm going to do with Stain's character, pretty much all of the big players in this arc have been introduced apart from two more, so let's just get into this)

Stain stood in the alley, utterly gobsmacked by the declaration from the greenette in front of him. 

He was practically bathing in a sea of blood, it was quick to guess that a lot of it wasn't his own. 

And still...he was standing there in a decrepit state, his eyes a cold dead white. He could easily be mistaken for a dead man walking. 

So to hear him exclaiming out how he'd stop him whilst in such a state, only satisfied to send a thrill down his spine.

That was the conviction of a true hero.

In just a mere matter of moments, this student had proved himself more than the foul representation of one lying beneath his blade.

Raising his eyes from the ground, the shadows accentuating his cold callus eyes, "Boy....I will not fight you, you represent the heroic society I long to seek out..unlike this fake."

Izuku instinctively took a withered step forward, his legs buckling underneath each other now too weak to move.

"..I-Iida.." He grumbled, leaning his full weight against the wall, One for All's bright green sparks were dissipating, he really didn't have the capability to do anything.

'Move Izuku Midoriya!! MOVE!!'

Stomping his bruised, beaten and bleeding leg on the floor he through together the jumble of adrenaline and willpower that he was building, thrusting him forward in a last ditch effort to save him.

"MIDORIYA STOP!!" Iida cried, struggling to even lift a finger, "You'll die in that state, just run away this is my burden to carry, I'll avenge my brother!!"

"Don't you dare tell me anything about dying!!!" At the moment, Izuku made a rough and struggling impact, his ripped and torn gloved snapping the rusted metal katana as if it were a toy.

Stain flew back, the sheer kickback of wind enough to knock him off his feet and scattering to the back of the alley.

'I don't have to imitate All Might....why do I have to learn that when I'm on the brink of death'

Izuku chuckled at the thought, it was the sickening fate of it all.

"Why!" Iida let out another harsh scream, "You shouldn't need to save me, look at yourself, what was the point of doing this all!!"

Wasn't that a perfect question...Stain was most likely going to come back after a brief recovery and Elsa and those demon dogs were still close on his tail.

Right now, all the factors seemed to be lost to him. Return by Death could've been the perfect option, a restart with all of this new information, hadn't he done that at the USJ?

No....there was a simple answer to all of those hypothesis'.

"Because....Meddling in the situation where your not needed and might not win is the essence of being a hero!!" 

The bespectacled teen froze at that, what sane person could make such an announcement with injuries so horrendous.

'Of course....Midoriya could!!'

"Iida let's get out of her...whilst we can, you may have to carry me though, I'm not sure I can walk," As predicted, Izuku fell under his own footing harshly hitting the cold hard ground.

Once more, Iida nudged his entire body feeling no sensation or sign to show that it was reacting, "I can't....I think it's the Hero killers quirk, every since he cut me I haven't been able to move."